NINETEEN

~NEIBOLT STREET~

You had arrived at the wellhouse.

Everyone walked in without hesitation this time, everyone except for Stan. He stepped back from the door, giving you all a scared look.

"Stan... we all need to go together. It's safer." You said to him.

"Y-yeah." Bill agreed. "B-B-Beverly was right. If we split up like l-last time, the clown will k-k-kill us one b-by one. B-but if we stick together, a-all of us, we'll win. I promise."

That seemed to have an effect on Stan and he walked into the house with his head lowered. You all went down the stairs, coming to a stop in front of a dirty well. Richie nudged Eddie with a smirk.

"Hey, Eddie, you got a quarter?"

"Wouldn't wanna make a wish in that fucking thing," Eddie replied. Then he turned to you. "Oh, uh, (Y/n), just in case we don't make it out alive-"

"Don't say that."

"I just... wanted you to know that I'm so so so so so so sorry for not saying anything when my mom slapped you and was being a bitch. But earlier she was saying some stuff about you being a slut so I actually stood up to her, but still, I'm really sorry about-"

You cut him off. "It's fine."

"No, it's not. You were-"

"No, really. It's fine. It's not a huge deal." You smiled at him but stopped when you saw, in neat letters, Loser written on his cast. "Eddie, who wrote that?"

"Wha- oh." He looked down at it a little shamefully. "Greta."

"That fucking bitch!" You hissed, pulling out a red marker from your pocket. This is a fanfiction so you just so happened to have it on you for no exact reason. "Let me fix it."

You scribbled a messy 'V' over the 'S' and grinned. "There you go, it's not much but maybe I can paint something over it when all of this clown shit is finished. I mean, only if you want to."

Even though it was dark, you could still tell Eddie's face was bright red as he looked at the word Lover on his cast with a few tiny hearts surrounding it. His mouth hung open a little and he tried to say something, finally stuttering out, "Th-thank you, (Y/n), I'd really like that."

"If you two are done flirting, then I'd really like to get this over with so we can go home. I don't really care about that carrot-looking bitch, but I don't want to seem like a bad person so can we get going, please?" Richie's annoying voice interrupted the cute moment.

"Jesus, Trashmouth, calm your tits." You rolled your eyes Stanley Uris style and looked down into the well. "Bev? It's (Y/n), are you there?"

Unsurprisingly, there was no answer.

"How are we supposed to get down there?" Mike asked. Bill turned around and shined his torch on a pile of rope on the ground.

"Using that."

~~

Mike threw the rope over the side of the well and Bill grabbed onto it, slowly sliding down. Eddie went next, then Richie, then Stan. Now it was your turn.

Just as your hands brushed against the rope, two hands pushed you from behind into the well. "Mike! What the-"

The boys tried to catch you as you fell past them, none of them succeeding. You tried to grab onto the rope but you were falling too fast.

'You absolute dumbass, oh my god,' You scolded yourself angrily. 'Can't even save your carrot-looking side hoe'.

Surprisingly, that thought gave you a burst of energy and just as the rope came to an end, you grabbed it. The good news was that now you weren't plummeting to your death, but the bad news was that Henry Bowers was standing at the top of the well with a knife in his hand. He must've been the one to push you, not Mike. I mean, obviously Mike didn't do it, he's too pure

Then it clicked that you were hanging onto a rope, and Henry was holding a knife. And knives can cut ropes.

"Oh, no, no, no, no..." You started climbing as fast as you could to where the boys were, knowing exactly what Henry was going to do. He raised the knife with a psychotic glint in his eye, positioning it right in front of the rope.

"Goodbye, princess."

Mike suddenly tackled Henry to the ground, but not before he sliced the rope clean off. And you fell.

"C-catch her!"

"Eddie, quickly!"

"Oh my god!"

"Shit! Do something!"

"Fuck!"

You squeezed your eyes shut as you fell past your friends once again, thinking about how your reunion with your grandparents was going to be, then felt someone grab your hand. It was Eddie.

"You're okay, (Y/n)." He whispered as he pulled you into the hole with him and the other boys. You were practically shaking from that experience and had a few tears running down your cheeks.

"Th- thank you for saving me, Eddie."

"I wasn't going to let you die."

"Mike." You stuck your head out and looked up. "Mike! Are you okay, Mike? Please answer-"

There were some sounds of struggling, then Henry Bowers came flying down the well, narrowly missing your head.

"...I'll take that as a yes."

Mike slid down the rope shortly after and sighed in relief. No more people were going to get hurt or separated from the group.

There was a loud screech and you turned your head to look backwards, only to realise Stan wasn't there. You had spoken too soon.

this is crap but heh whatever

edit: okay i just realised henry cut the rope but then mike slid down the rope after and that makes no sense so please ignore my dumbass✌️

sincerely, ya girl trashmouthzkaspbrak :)