Chapter 37

Dedicated to: sunita006

_______

"Are you close with that boy?" Mom asked when we were walking towards my room since they want to see it.

"Who? V?" I feigned ignorance.

"You know who I'm talking about. Lalisa, are you hiding something from me?" I paused on my tracks, making my parents stop on theirs too.

"What could I possibly hide from you?" That I have a boyfriend? That's only the tip of an iceberg.

"Just making sure. Although he's smart, he seems to be a troublemaker."

"You said it yourself mom. Seems." I can't help but retort. She's badmouthing my boyfriend!

"Do you like him?" She asked in an accusing tone.

"Am I supposed to hate him?" She glared

"Stop playing dumb lalisa!" She scolds and I crossed my arms, horns trying to pop out of my scalp.

"Lisa! Oh hi Mrs. Manoban." Thank God for Jennie!

"Jennie." My mom smiled and hugged Jennie as I greet Jennie's parents. You know what's annoying? Mom praises Jennie and Jennie's mom praises me. We often joked to exchange mothers.

"Are you in the same room with lisa?"

"No, but we stay next to each other." Jennie smiled but she keeps on giving me the side eye and cocking her head to the side, motioning to her mom and I got what she meant.

"Imo! I heard you won the case against that big celebrity?" Jennie's parents are a family of lawyers so they expect her to be one too but Jennie likes to do fashion designing. Wayy off from being a lawyer.

With that though, we were able to get our parents off each other's backs. Our dads are very strict when it comes to grades and of course, when it comes to being in a relationship. The only reason dad didn't speak up earlier about V is because mom is already doing it for him.

_________

"Ugh! Freedommm!! I'd honestly rather have done exams than having to go through that again!" Joy complained

"Tell me about it! I was this close to lashing out!" Jisoo held out an inch of her pinky finger and showed it to us.

"What triggered it?" Irene asked weakly. She too was exhausted

"We bumped into my kitten and dare they say I should stay away from the likes. Like bitch! My lil meow meow heard it!!!I was ready to raise hell if a tear dropped from his eye!" Jisoo raged. Punching on her pillow.

"Me too! If Jennie didn't come I might've exposed myself having a boyfriend and being proud about it" I sighed, throwing my body on my bed.

"Oh gosh. Thankfully I don't have a guy yet to add on my plate." Irene groaned

"Let me guess, your mom is teasing you with someone?" Seulgi snickered when Irene nodded

"As you know, being a principal's daughter, we got to be around with her colleagues and I was egged on with Eunwoo." I sat up and turned to her

"Eunwoo? Triumvirate's Cha Enwoo?" She nodded

"So? What happened?" Four of us are now leaning in on Irene's story

"I blushed because I was embarrassed being teased and not because I was fluttered.." her eye twitched, probbly pissed at what happened and seulgi slapped her arm causing her to glare

"Stop the suspense bitch" Irene huffed and told us what happened. We all scoffed. Who knew with that handsome face and good academic standing, hides a pervert. He apparently mistaken Irene's blush being head over heals for him so he discreetly crawled his hand on her legs which Irene managed to stop.

"Guess everyone here's sporting a mask. May the strongest mask win!" Seulgi sarcastically uttered.

"So basically, everyone's just faking it." I shrugged, lying back down.

"Not everyone. There are people like jungkook and his friends and there's nancy and her friends." Ah, the proud jerks. Why don't they date each other instead?

________

It was in the middle of the night when I felt my bed move. I sat up to see what's going on and found jisoo sneaking out.

"Where are you going?" I asked, making her startle and fall off the stairs of the double-decked bed. I giggled and she groaned, sitting up and glaring at me

"oops." I showed her a peace sign and she stood up, removing dirt from her shorts.

"I couldn't sleep thinking about yoongi." I understod and nodded.

"Can you make tae come if he's awake?" She nodded and I laid back down, waiting for tae to come.

I grinned when I hear two soft knocks three minutes later and scooted over to make room on my bed. I hear him lock the door and made his way over.

"Why are you still awake?" I whispered.

"I had a feeling you were too." He laid next to me and I moved to make his chest my personal pillow.

"What did your brothers say?"

"They saw our hands clasped under the table." I chuckled and he grinned.

"Did they tell on you?" He shook his head, and caressed my face

"I bribed them not to tell. My mom would be happy and she won't stop talking about it. Your mom will know." I frowned and he pinched my cheeks

"Stop frowning." Why is he soo understanding?

"i'm sorry." I say and and he gave me a smile and stretched my lips too with his fingers

"Don't be. You have nothing to be sorry about." I smiled for real and he let go, hugging me.

"Thank you." I murmured against his chest

"For what?"

"For being so understanding." I honestly say.

"That's what I'm here for." I hugged him even tightly and closed my eyes as he played with my hair and hummed me a song.

"Tae?" I mumbled

"Hmm?"

"I love you." He paused playing with my hair and I grinned feeling his heartbeat accelerate.

"i love you too." I know. Your heart says so. I fell asleep with a smile on my face, with my ear pressed against his chest, the thumping of his heart, my lullaby to sleep.