Chapter 1

Young, bored, rich, and cruel. Those were the only words used to describe the boys of the music room. Those were the words engraved onto the school's legacy that transcend throughout the country. And those were the words, you, as the class president, has used to warn all the newcomers hoping to catch the boys' attention. "Look, I know they're dreamy and all, but you'll get hurt by them and it's not worth it by any means. Just forget they exist and don't fall for their traps."

"How do you know?" one girl asked as you passed by the music room on the welcoming tour. The name tag stitched to her blazer read Shin Yuna. "Have you been tempted by any of them before?"

You glanced at shut doors which you knew there was nothing related to music behind them except for a grand piano. The place was tainted, and it was their territory. You looked away quickly as if the door could somehow talk and become a tattletale. "No, and I will never," you answered flatly. "It's a waste of time to date at this school. In the end, your parents will choose where you end up and you'll just have to accept that." Yuna nodded, and you continued the tour.

That's the cruel reality at Wisteria High. Only the sons and daughters of the elites are allowed to attend. The staff is selected from all around the world and only those with the ost connection and awards can be instructors. While the academic achievements of the school are top-notch, the school was a breeding ground for business deals. Everything said and done are articulated and planned for the best possible outcome. Nothing is real here, especially love and friendship.

The relationships around you were no different. Except no one is trying to kiss up to you. Your grandfather is a retired advisor for the current president. Witnessing the bloodshed and battles, he objected to any of his kids to get into politics. Your mother later became a successful journalist and she met your father, a doctor, on an assignment. Despite not growing up in that world, you were fully aware of all the politics and slow dancing around the true objective, money, and power. Society has collectively looked down upon your mother because they wanted women to stay home and have tea parties instead.

And that's why you enrolled yourself into Wisteria, to prove to snobby, fake-nose aristocrats that your mother has raised you better than any of them has. Your parents opposed the idea because they would rather you stay out of that world completely as your grandfather also wished. But they also knew they raised their daughter to be headstrong and stubborn. Freshmen year was the toughest. No one held any regards for you, which you had expected. They mocked your parents, degrade the way you dressed, even ridiculed your grandfather. The insults became a daily routine, you would feel weird if you didn't hear them. To your surprise, the rich had hierarchies so you weren't the only ones getting bullies. There was nothing the instructors could do, those with money runs the school.

Retaliation needed to happen soon and you targeted the top of the food chain. When young, rich, nasty girls are bored, they gossip. And when you did, you had information to feed to the principal of the school, who was a friend of your grandfather and who later exposed the girls of cheating on exams and sleeping with instructors. After that, you gained a reputation for yourself and the school structure completely changed. Rather than being an outcast once again, you were celebrated and welcomed. You knew better that anger and envy were laced behind the warm smiles and they were looking to use you one day.

By the second year, they voted you to become class president, looking to cash in that favor. But you made it clear that there would be no shortcuts and you won't be lenient for anyone. That message gained you respect from some, and labeled as arrogant by others. You followed the rules and punished accordingly. Most parents hated you because you took the position that should have gone to their son or daughter, but mainly because you are smart enough to play the game. And the others wanted their children around you so you could teach them how to survive the game.

There was a sort of fear that's attached to your presence. Students were afraid that if they acted out of line, you would snap a finger and their reputation would crumble. Parents were afraid that their children will act out of line with you. They were afraid of the walls you built around you like armors for attacks. But honestly, they were for defense. While you knew some of the students might genuinely care about you, it could change in a heartbeat once you are in the way of something.

It happened before during junior year, when one of your closest friends heard a rumor that you were involved with her love interest, one of the boys of the music room, and slapped you in front of everyone. Her parents sent you an apology and money for you to not talk about it to the media. You hadn't planned on talking, so you sent the money back. Now whenever you see her, she would turn the other way for you to see her new nose as if you were supposed to be jealous by her superior fake nose.

Noe senior year, your name was known throughout the school and your walls were thicker and higher. You were looking forward to going to a college outside the country, to get away from this madness. You just had to make it to the end of this year in once piece, that was the goal.

Unfortunately, the boys of the music room were extremely bored and constructed a new bet that included the righteous class president. The boys placed their wagers, shook on it, and the doors to the mysterious music room opened.