Chapter 12

Seokjin watched as Namjoon mumbled various curse words to himself while crossing his arms and furrowing his eyebrows. Whoever made him mad would surely pay soon. Occasionally, Namjoon would turn his head over the seat to check on you and Yoongi. The angle wasn't the best, he only saw Yoongi and luckily, he was sleeping most of the time. But nonetheless, he wished it was him who was beside you. He imagined you falling asleep and your head would fall on his shoulder. He couldn't help but grin at the thought. Seokjin was getting concerned and decided not to ask anything.

Namjoon sighed out relieved when the plane landed, he couldn't wait to get off so that Yoongi could no longer be next to you. Unfortunately, you weren't able to get off until you made sure every student had gotten off with their belongings. The children at the hospital were more responsible than this. Yoongi eventually headed for the exit when you told him not to wait for you, and you also told him to drag Kim Namjoon out because you do not want to be responsible for another child. He complied and you could hear Namjoon bickering with him on the way out.

It took almost an hour for everyone to get off the plane in one piece. Luckily, the bus waited for you before taking off. Unluckily, the only seat opened was next to him. He smiled in delight and pride for making that possible. It was easy enough with a snap of a finger. "Hurry up," he called out. With no other option, you trudged over to him. He moved over, giving you the window seat.

"Thanks."

"Of course. You should see how pretty Jeju is."

"Are you saying I'm too poor to see Jeju with my own money?"

He blinked, "N-no, of course not. I would never imply that."

"I was kidding," you laughed. "I wish I can take my parents here, they work too much."

"Your mom travels for work, right?"

"Yeah, but as you said, it's only for work. She would never allow herself to diverge from the assignment. I wish she would relax a little, see things rather than just looking."

"I can say the same about you, Y/N," Namjoon remarked.

"I can't afford to relax, not in this world, in this game. That was dramatic, right?" you chuckled.

Game, Namjoon thought, That's right, everything is a game and we're both stuck in it. He wondered since when he started enjoying the game instead of fighting it. He truly was cruel. When you turned your head back to look at him, you jumped a little at how close he was. As you tried to look away, he held your chin in place and leaned in. Shocked, you pushed him back in his seat.

"What do you think you're doing?" you quietly yelled as to not gather any unnecessary attention. Namjoon froze, he wasn't thinking. "Did you think you could take advantage of me in this situation? You never change and I can't believe I let you mess with me." The bus came to a halt in front of the resort and you were the first one to out, not even doing your assigned tasks.

Jungkook patted Namjoon's shoulder, "What happened?"

"I fucked up," Namjoon answered, his heart still racing.

"It's alright," the maknae offered. "You have all weekend to win her heart and the game."

Namjoon nodded, watching you disappeared from his sight, "Right, the game."

***

You had been in your room for hours, not even leaving it for dinner. You told the instructors you weren't feeling well and they told you to rest because you had done enough for the day. While you were quite tired, you were mainly trying to stay away from him. Your mind kept wandering back to that moment where he leaned in, and what scared you was that you wanted it to happen. But once it did, you knew things would never go back to before and you wouldn't be able to ignore the dangerous attraction for him.

Nighttime soon fell, and the sound of waves crashing filled your ears. Your eyes started closing until your phone buzzed. You should have blocked his number when you got the chance. Luckily he only called once, unluckily, he sent a message. Look outside your window.

"I swear if he's floating outside the window, I'm going to scream," you mumbled. Your room was located on the third floor with a small balcony overlooking the ocean. A sighed escaped you when you didn't see his figure. But peering over the railing, your heart began racing. On the beach was Namjoon and what looked to be a picnic was set up beside him. Small candles outlined the blanket. You're crazy, you texted back.

Just for you, he replied within seconds. Please come down.

Against your better judgment, you put on a hoodie and went to join him. Soft breeze blew through his golden locks as the moonlight shimmered on his cheeks. In his white shirt and joggers, he etched into the scenery like a painting. "What do you want?" you asked, staying approximately 2 meters from him.

His shoulders tensed up, "I want to apologize for earlier today. I know I overstepped my boundaries. Please believe me, I never want to take advantage of you." His eyes were steady, eagerly awaiting your response.

"And to prove your sincerity, you set this all up so that I would spend more time with you?" you interrogated.

"Yes," he answered with a timid voice.

"Well, you're lucky I'm hungry," you said before taking a seat on the blanket. And while you stand by your outburst earlier, but you couldn't run away from him forever, and he really was making an effort.

"I didn't make this myself, so don't worry," he added. Namjoon had been beating himself up all afternoon for making you upset. Seeing you enjoy a meal next to him made him feel lighter. He wanted more of these moments with you. Quiet and alone, where he didn't have to put up an act.

"Why do you keep looking at me?" you asked, noticing his intense gaze.

"Just because," he shrugged. "You mentioned something about seeing versus looking earlier and I find myself seeing you more recently."

"What do you see?"

"Someone amazing and is afraid to let other people see who she really is."

"And who am I?"

"Normal, vulnerable, extremely kind."

You scoffed, "I hate that I'm those things."

"But I don't. I really like those things, the things I wish I could be."

"You want to be normal and vulnerable?"

"I don't want to have to pretend that I'm okay," he confessed. "And I don't you to pretend that you're strong when you're not. You're not alone, Y/N. Lean on me, please."

"Namjoon,"

"I wish you would see me." The waves crashed somewhere, but all you could hear was his beating heart. He stared at the reflection of the moon, not feeling strong enough to hold his head up high.

"I do see you," you responded. "And it scares me that I'm seeing you right now." Namjoon didn't look over. If he did, he didn't know what he would do.

"You don't know how happy that makes me feel," he quietly gushed.

"I forgive you for earlier. But I don't think I'm ready to give you a proper answer yet, I'm sorry."

He found your hand and touched your pinky with his, a reassuring gesture. "Please don't ever be sorry. Take all the time you need. I'll wait for you no matter how long."

"Thanks," you smiled. The candles soon died out, allowing you two to watch silver clouds moving in the distance, pinkies interlocked.

Somewhere high above, someone watched with rage growing in their eyes.