Chapter 21

That night, Namjoon and the boys also had their own plans. After stopping by your place to check up on you, he gathered the boys in the music room to do a little digging themselves. None of them believed your accusations and all of them knew someone was behind all of this. This wasn't their first time at the arena, they knew exactly what to look for and where to find it.

Taehyung, due to his outgoing nature and alluring personality, received an invite to a party an export heir was throwing. In celebration that the witch was gone, the invite read. It made Namjoon's blood boil but he calmed down, intricately planning a downfall in his mind. The boys shuddered. Their leader was never the type to get angry, that was Jimin, Hoseok, and Yoongi. But when he gets quiet like this, they truly believed that his gaze could kill.

Dressing up in their usual clubbing attires, the boys set out for the party. Boomin music, blaring lights, bodies on the dance floor, they were used to that. But those weren't the things they were interested in tonight. The group strolled over to where the heir, Dae Hyun, sat with his unmemorable entourage. He turned to the group, raising an eyebrow. "Oh, the boys of the music room, I'm honored to have you all here." he greeted sarcastically.

"Wonderful party," Jimin said. "You must be proud of it." The boys positioned themselves around the long couch, like soldiers.

"Well, this can't compare to the parties you throw every year," Dae Hyun praised. "But I felt that the occasion called for a celebration."

"And what would that occasion be?" Taehyung asked, his eyes became sharps. It made the other side shiver. Kim Taehyung was known to be incredibly intimidating when he wants to be, especially with his forest black hair and crimson lips.

"Haven't you heard? Choi Y/N was exposed of cheating and was removed from her position. Don't you think that's wonderful news?"

"Yup," Yoongi answered boredly. "Wonderful indeed."

"Honestly, I'm surprised to see you all here, especially you Namjoon."

Namjoon's eyebrow perked up, "Me? Did you really think I would miss a party?" he asked, his voice dangerously low. It put the boy on edge, they were prepared for a fight to happen.

"No, of course not," Dae Hyun denied. "I just thought there was something going on with you and Choi Y/N. There was a rumor that you two were dating. Silly, right? I mean a guy like you could get anyone, supermodels wouldn't be enough."

"Yes, supermodels aren't really my type. But you're right, I am the type of guy who gets whatever he wants because I'm handsome and rich." he said boredly. Dae Hyun resisted the urge to roll his eyes and maintain the fake smile on his face, but everyone saw through it. "Don't believe such rumors, Choi Y/N and I are on different spectrums. I can never be with a girl like that. In fact, I'm very glad that she's no longer the class president. Tell me honestly, how did you do it?"

He leaned in, toying with the empty shot glass in his hand. "What do you mean?" Dae Hyun asked.

"C'mon, only a genius such as yourself would be able to expose her like that. Am I right?" Feeling that he was finally on Kim Namjoon's good list, Dae Hyun's confidence soared.

"You're right, I did do it." he confessed proudly. The boys sat up a little straighter while keeping their eyes somewhere else. "I bribed the instructor to tell the principal she cheated. I also paid someone to study her handwriting to faked the note to the instructor. It was easy enough, I promised the instructor that my parents would pay for her retirement."

"And will they?" Namjoon questioned.

"Of course, they wanted to get rid of Choi Y/N too." The last string to Namjoon's humanity snapped, and the boys felt it.

He began clapping loudly, "That's brilliant," he declared. "Utterly brilliant."

"T-thank you," Dae Hyun replied.

"I think that's worthy of an invite into our group, isn't that right, boys?"

"Absolutely," they answered harmoniously.

"Wait, are you serious?" Dae Hyun asked. "You guys never opened your doors to anyone before."

Namjoon nodded, lowering his voice to a growl. "That's right, it's a big honor. And only true monsters are allowed inside." Staring into Namjoon's eyes, Dae Hyun found the air suffocating and the noise around him fading out. He thought Namjoon's eyes were glowing red, like a demon. But he dismissed the cold sweats as part of the entry ritual and downed another shot.

***

Walking into school after the cheating accusations escalated to a scandal was the hardest thing you ever had to do. People were staring, which would have been fine but their mockings and insults grew louder, deafening. You bit the tears back, thinking to yourself that it was okay and you just had to start over with your life. That was why you mustered up the courage to go to school, and Namjoon called this morning to say he had a surprise for you, one that will surely make you feel better. Doubtful, you thought, but you still agreed because being with him will actually make you feel better.

You found Namjoon in the lobby, along with the rest of the boys. They were situated on top on an elevated stage and a large screen hung behind them. Namjoon spotted you right away, it wasn't hard when other students were pointing and laughing. You wrapped your arms around your body like a shield. Namjoon clenched his jaws, he should be down there to hold you, but he needed to do something first.

He tapped into the microphone, sending screeching feedback through the room. "Good morning, everyone." he began. "Now you're probably wondering why we have gathered you here so early in the morning. But I will tell you it's a once in a lifetime celebration of ingenuity and creativity."

Whispers of confusion passed around the student body, including you. Namjoon continued. "Before I go on, I want to invite our guest of honor up, Oh Dae Hyun." Some students in the crowd clapped, cheering for their hero but not making it too obvious. "This man here will be a new member of my exclusive group." Namjoon announced, wrapping his arm around Dae Hyun's shoulder. Once again, Dae Hyun felt lightheaded. "Now, you're probably wondering what this man has done to receive such an honor. Well, allow us to show you."

Hoseok pressed play and a video appeared on the monitor behind them. Dae Hyun was caught off guard, Namjoon didn't mention anything about a video. There were various clips of Dae Hyun partying with various people, mainly girls, half-naked girls while doing undignified acts with them. Dae Hyun gasped, the video kept playing and Namjoon's grin was widening. The students laughed, feeling second-hand embarrassment for the activities they saw. Then came the final video, one in instructor Lee's car that showed Dae Hyun and her exchanging words about his plan to accuse you. He knew how it was going to end. "Please, stop the video." he begged Namjoon, who had his arms crossed and deadly glare.

"I don't think so," he returned.

Dae Hyun stared in horror as the video continued to show him and the instructor moving pass exchanging words and began engaging in intimate acts. Every mouth in the room hung open and Hoseok stopped the video while it was still sort of appropriate. "Wonderful man, isn't he?" Namjoon asked into the microphone. "Accusing an innocent classmate and sleeping with an instructor." He shoved Dae Hyun to the ground. "I look forward to what your father has to say when he finds this out. I'm also looking forward to cutting off all business with your family." Then he turned to the crowd. "This is a warning to everyone, if you mess with Choi Y/N, I will ruin your life."

Dae Hyun huffed, "Why do you care so much about her?"

Namjoon's eyes found yours and an endeared smile was plastered on his face, "Because she's my girlfriend, and I love her."