Chapter 3

The tour ended before lunch break. In the cafeteria, Yuna and the other girls eventually found the table of people alike and soon, they would forget everything that you've told them. While other students filled the cafeteria, you were out in the garden eating the lunch your mom made and reading one of her latest articles.

As you were reading on your phone, someone approached, blooming from the flowers. You first noticed his shoes. Black and white converse, and the hems of his loose uniform pants covering half of them. Glancing up a little bit more, you saw the oversized blazer, untucked dress shirt, and half-done tie. The outfit made his body looks like a rectangle, or some kind of gangster. And his hair was messy as a mop. You didn't need to look up any further to know who it was.

Kim Namjoon, heir to the country's biggest luxury good brand. His clothing wouldn't give off any hints of his economic standing, but his posture and fast tongue do. Anyone would fall for his charm easily, whether it's girls or his father's foreign business partners. No one can escape Kim Namjoon's grasp once he's set on something.

It was clear that he wasn't moving from the spot anytime soon and Shu Hua was not in sight to save you. A quiet groan escaped your mouth. Since the 4 years you've been here, you tried your best to stay away from the boys of the music room. Of course, there were times when you had to talk to them for school-related functions, but that was about it. You got the hint that they, along with the majority of the students here, did not take a certain liking to you. That was preferred since they left you alone. But their pranks to other students over the years solidified the facts they were cruel. Tucking your phone neatly in your pocket, you stood up tall to face him. "Mr. Kim, to what do I owe this pleasure?"

The corner of his mouth lifted just enough for you to see the hints of his dimples. It was unfair that cute dimples were bestowed on a man like this. "I heard that you were showing some new students around," he spoke calmly, the charms coming out of his mouth like a song. "But you didn't show them around the music room. I'm quite offended by that gesture."

You scoffed discreetly, "My apologies, but I don't want them to be tainted so early on."

"Tainted?" he repeated. He was angry or annoyed, but simply thought it was a fascinating word choice. It was the only word he could use to explain your character. You weren't particularly pretty, in comparison to all the heiress and idols at the school. Your face wasn't layered with the wrong foundation color or bright red blush. Your hair was untouched from harsh chemicals. There was nothing designer on you, not even a pair of earrings. Plain was another word he could use, but it sounded too harsh, so he'll keep using fascinating. And he'll keep telling himself that's the only reason he particularly felt passionate about this game.

You shrugged, "They're still young. Give them a chance to experience something other than pain, would you? But if you insist on having a tour, I suggest removing that liquor bar yourself. Unless you want me to get security to do it."

He clicked his tongue and held both hands to his heart like he as in pain. "Ouch," he exclaimed. Then his hands retreated back to his sides and he took a step closer until the exquisite foreign cologne infiltrated your nose. Being this close to him, you realized just how tall he really is. He easily towered over you and he was enjoying having that dominance. His bored eyes held yours hostage, you couldn't look away. "Relax a little Y/N. But I wouldn't mind if you came... alone." His stare was intense and purposeful.

"Kim Namjoon, what do you think you're doing? You've never spoken more than three words to me, and I would like for it to remain that way." There's always a game when it comes to Kim Namjoon, just like all the other boys of the music room. In their own twisted ways, their games were the only things that kept them human. It's a terrifying bond they have between each other, terrifying and tragic. They only have each other.

Namjoon shook his head and smiled innocently, "I'm not doing anything. I was hoping to increase the number of words we exchange with each other. With that said, why don't you give me your number?"

"Being the class president, my number is posted on the school's registry. You can find it there. And while you're at it, you should look up the appropriate way to dress. Untucked won't get you anywhere."

He stared down at his uniform, "But untucked is more comfortable." Then a smirk formed as he looked back at you. "And it'll feel even better unbuttoned." This was his charm working, this is how he gets what he wants. You've seen it happening many times, where sweet words come off his lips and his prey's eyes would glaze over as they obey his every command. Like magic, or a curse. You gulped, then looked away to the row of sunflower to your side. In fact, they were all around you, like a cage. "You know sunflowers represent adoration and loyalty."

"Two of which you don't have." you pointed out.

"You're wrong," he corrected, "Those are the two things I have the most abundance of in the world. Loyalty, and adoration, for you."

"What?"

"Don't you understand, prez? I like you." he confessed. You could only blink, feeling nothing. Only indifference. Somewhere behind the sunflowers was a camera and a group of boys waiting to laugh at you. The garden was calm and quiet. As far as you were concerned, nothing was lurking behind the flowers.

"Kim Namjoon, whatever game you're playing, don't involve me in it." you warned.

"It's not a game, I want to get to know you." His voice dropped to mere desperation, and his eyes faltered a bit, like a lovesick boy. But this was part of the act, he's a mastermind. And for a second, you almost believed him.

"Why all of a sudden?"
"You can't put a definitive time on love."

This time, you couldn't hold in your laugh, "Kim Namjoon, you are a genius when it comes to many things but you're incapable of something as precious and profound as love. You're just bored and you think people like me will swoon over being your toy because we crave your attention. I'm honored that you would think of me, but please do me a favor and stop. I don't need any more complex in my life, especially not your kind."

He tilted his head, unfazed of the insults, "And what kind of complex is that?"

"Thinking the world owes you something because you're rich." Again, another fascinating choice of words, Namjoon thought. No one had ever dared talk to him like this. Not the housekeeper, his maids, his driver, not even his distant father. And for the first time in forever, he didn't have a response. "Now, if you'll excuse me." Grabbing your lunch box, you exited the garden, leaving him in the maze of blooming yellow.