Chapter 15

The air at night in Jeju was bitter, unforgiving to the skin. No amount of leaves would be warm enough. When your eyes finally opened again, if it weren't for the moon, you would have thought that your eyes hadn't opened at all. For the most part, you could still feel your body, but there was no strength in you to move any limbs. Your face was also stung from all the scratches. It wasn't like anyone has called you pretty before, and with the scratches, no one will ever. Feeling exhausted and hungry, you let your eyes close again. If you die today, you would regret not hugging your parents a little tighter and not telling Namjoon you like his dimples. You wish you could see them right now.

A shooting star passed by and you could hear the leaves crunching under pressure. Maybe it's an animal, or a wolf pack looking for their next meal. The footsteps grew closer and louder. Voices said something, but you were too tired to pay attention. Something wiped the leaves off your body and face, warm fingers cupping your cheeks. Your body was lifted into the air. Unsurely, you opened your eyes again to find the moon illuminating his face. His eyes were red, "Don't scare me like that ever again." he warned with tender voice.

"I like your dimples," you replied before passing out. Namjoon scoffed. With one sentence, his anger had evaporated. His heartbeat was finally steady again now that you're in his arms.

"The things you do to me, Choi Y/N."

***
You never imagined that when you opened your eyes again, you would be greeted with soft sunlight while laying on your bed. A blanket safely tucked you in during the night, chasing the demons away. Sitting up, you saw that you were out of the ripped and dirty clothes from yesterday and into a silk nightgown. The wounds on your legs and face were treated, but the scratched would remain for at least a few days. On the nightstand was a folded note. Picking it up, you recognized that it was his handwriting.

When you wake up, get dressed and come to the meeting room on the first floor. Take your time and call me if you need any help. -Namjoon

You sat on the bed for a few more minutes, remembering the events of last night. Namjoon did find you and brought you back here. He had a maid change your clothes, but he was the one that cleaned your wounds and applied the proper ointment. He was here all night. His scent still lingers on the bedside next to you. It wasn't a dream. You cringed at what you had confessed about his dimples. You wanted to hide in your room but you knew whatever waiting in the meeting room was more important.

Every step before reaching the door was heavy, an ominous feeling washed over you like waves crashing. The boys were up to something, you were certain of it. Pushing the door back, you found them all sitting around the large oval table. Namjoon was the first to greet you as you entered. "How are you feeling?" he asked, holding his arms out in case you fall.

"I'm okay, thank you," you replied. You looked around the room once more, only to see someone else present. Someone you didn't want to see. You took Namjoon's hand without noticing, holding it for protection and comfort. "What is she doing here?"

At the mention of her, Soo ji sat up a little taller, but she hasn't looked at you since you entered out of fear. You noticed her hair was choppy and uneven.

"We're discussing what punishment is suitable for what she did." Seokjin explained, arms crossed.

"Punishment?" you asked as Namjoon helped you sit down.

"For what she did to you." he continued. You remembered the push, the fall, the cold, the leaves and shut your eyes to avoid those memories. Namjoon held your hand tightly under the table.

"Yeah, we can't let it slide," Jungkook added. "Noona I'm really sorry. I should have gone and check on you. It's all my fault."

You shook your head, "Don't say that, I'm sure you're one of the reasons why I was found. So thank you."

"So what do you want to do with her?" Hoseok asked. "We can report her to the police and have her thrown in jail." Soo Ji twitched at the suggestion.

"We can tell the school to expel her." Yoongi offered.

"Or we could release the video." Taehyung slid his phone towards you, and you saw what they were talking about. A screaming Soo Ji with her hair being cut in an undesirable fashion. It sent chills down your spine knowing the power these boys have and what they would do to get what they want. Kim Namjoon, in specific, would burn the world. In a twisted way, it was comforting to know someone would do that for you. You couldn't imagine what will happen once the video is out in public.

"Delete this video," you told Namjoon, who nodded in compliance. "It's a cheap way to do it." You snapped your head to Soo Ji, who was shaking. The boys watched as you floated over to her, and Namjoon smirked, anticipating what you had in mind. "Throwing you in jail is not enough to make you repay what you did," you snarled. "I should toss you off the side of the mountain, but I'll be nice today since you obviously suffered a lot."

"What are you going to do me?" she whimpered.

"The school is hosting a dance tonight to celebrate the end of the trip, and I'm sure you have prepared a lot for it."

"I won't go, I'll stay out of your way, I promise. Just don't tell my parents this." she begged.

You clicked your tongue, "Oh no, of course you're going. I can't take that fun from you. But unfortunately, you won't be able to wear that dress you prepared."

"What does that mean?"

"You'll be part of the servers, greeting everyone at the door and cleaning up afterward," you explained. The boys all nodded, internally praising the idea. Namjoon was quite impressed by your high stance. Soo Ji was obviously not going to object and you all decided to get breakfast together. Just before you left, Soo Ji gathered up her voice.

"You're so two-faced, Y/N." she called out. "You act all sweet and innocent for boys to like you, but you're really just a monster."

Namjoon wanted to say something, but you stopped him. "Funny, I could say the same thing about you," you returned with the same volume. "However, I at least have more substance than you. And I never said I'm not a monster, you just always underestimated me." You were sure she cursed at you, but the door closed.

"That was quite a show," Jimin commented. "I didn't know you were that cool, prez."

"Guess we also underestimated you," Taehyung nodded. The conversations bounced at different topics and you didn't join any. Walking beside you, Namjoon noticed how you held your arms protectively, like a wall. He realized it probably wasn't easy for you going into that confrontation, he should have been more considerate.

"You're not a monster," he said quietly. "What you did was right, what she did was selfish. Honestly, if I decided what would happen to her, I would have broken her arms off."

"That's dramatic," you remarked.

"She hurt you, she doesn't deserve to live."

"Let's move past that, but thank you for bringing me back."

"I would do anything for you." he professed and you finally noticed he was still holding your hand. You didn't mind being a monster, because at least he'll stay.