Chapter 36

Seokjin dusted the finishing touch of blush on you. He smiled fondly of his work, but at the same time, he was in agony that things had to come to this. When he declared that he would do your makeup, you didn't think he was serious. But he showed up at the venue, fighting off all the security guards before reaching your dressing room. It's the least he could do, he had told you. You were glad that at least there would be a familiar face to get you through the jitters of wedding preparation. "Beautiful," he remarked as he spun you around for the reveal.

Your eyes widened. Rosy cheeks, plump lips, and dazzling eyes. "Beautiful," you repeated. "Thank you, Seokjin."

"Your groom will be lucky to have you as a wife," he smiled.

"Thanks," you muttered. The realness of the situation was starting to dawn on you, you would become someone's bride in just a couple of hours. There's no going back now. Preparations didn't stop there. After making sure your face was good to go, a team of stylists checked in on your dress to make sure the wrinkles were gone. The wedding coordinator arrived at the dressing room to take you to the greeting room, where Jooheon was already ready He wore a dark green fitted suit and his honey color hair pushed back. Compared to his usual child-like self, today he was different, and this person would become your husband. He couldn't hide his smile when he saw you, but then he pushed it away.

"You're beautiful, Y/N," he gushed. "And I know I shouldn't say this right now, before the ceremony, but you can stop this now. You can still back out of this. I won't be mad and I'm sure my family would understand."

"Even if your family is okay with it, I can't do that to you. " you reminded. "You've been nothing but kind to me. And besides, there's no longer a reason for me to stop." Jooheon understood what it meant, and didn't press the subject further. The minute of silence ended when the doors opened and both your parents arrived for the greeting. Your father couldn't help his tears, his daughter was all grown up and he would soon have to walk her down the aisle to her new home. His parents hugged you, and said numerous thank you. Despite their attempts to welcome you, it boiled down to a business.

After them, was your grandfather, who understood why you were doing this, but he still wished that you would continue to light up your constellation. The next guests were a surprise. The group of well-groomed boys shuffled into the room. Every last one of them even more striking than usual. But amongst them, you didn't see his face. It was better this way, you would rethink everything if he showed up today. After last night, every word of his replayed in your mind. How he wanted you to marry Jooheon because he would take care of you. But Kim Namjoon is selfish and just running away from everything, you thought, maybe it is better this way.

Yoongi took the lead to approach you, and handed you something. "It's my mixtape," he explained. "I started working on it last year and this is the final product. I want you to have my first copy."

You chuckled in an attempt to hide the tears or else Seokjin would definitely yell at you. "I'll listen to it well." He nodded and the boys exchanged greetings and congratulations with you and your fiance. Half-hearted congratulations but you appreciated that they made an effort. The coordinator arrived, signaling that it was time.

You were certain the venue was decked out in jewels and luxurious decorations to symbolize their wealth and social standing, but you couldn't focus on anything. Voices filled the ballroom, and it grew louder once the bride and groom entered. The light was blinding, making their faces look like blank canvases, and amongst them, you didn't find him either. The pastor recited something about love and commitment. You used to cringe at them in the movies, and how ironic that you're in this situation right now.

"If anyone objects to this union, speak now or forever hold your peace." he stated. You never understood the line, no one ever objects. Or so you thought.

Bursting through the doors of the ballroom, Kim Namjoon dashed in and all eyes, including yours, landed on him. "I object to this marriage!" he declared and a chorus of gasps sang. It was fortunate that neither of the families allowed reporters to be at the ceremony, or else the media would be having a field day right now.

Your heart was beating again at the sight of him, as if it found its purpose. Namjoon took a step closer to you with every word, his eyes never leaving you. It should be him standing next to you, he thought, it should be him who sees you in white. "Choi Y/N, I thought I was okay with this because it would be for your own good, but I was wrong. I don't want you to marry him. Don't say yes to him. I love you and I know for sure he won't you the way I do. I was a coward before, running away from my problems instead of fixing it, but I won't run any longer. You are my answer, and you are my end. Be with me instead, my love is real."

He held a hand out, eagerly waiting for you to respond. Jooheon was waiting for the same thing, he wasn't particularly surprised that Namjoon would do this, considering how strong-headed he is. The room fell silent, anticipating what would happen next.

The doors burst open again and a group of security guards rushed in to take Namjoon away. He tried to fight them off, he couldn't afford to lose. Not until he hears your answer. You swallowed your desire, and turned to him. "Go."

Namjoon felt his will to live left his body with that one word. The guards took his lack of resistant as an opportunity to drag him out of the room. The wedding went on and the bouquet was tossed.