The Attacks on Mario (FTO)

A/N: Thanks to Ryana87088 for this lovely suggestion. I honestly got carried away and wrote way more than needed XD. Also, I know that Mario doesn't actually have Anxiety. I just needed a reason for his tough and bored character to get panicked easily :P. Anyways, enjoy!!

(Mario's POV)

I didn't even feel like going to the guild meeting but Ritchie said it was 'important'. Honestly, he just says this so that we go.

On my way to new guild hall, I felt a presense from behind me so I stopped. I turned around only to be met with a punch in my eye. I stumbled back but kept my composure while holding my eye in pain.

"OK, who was that?!" I yelled but no one was there. I sighed as I continued to the guild hall, unaware I was still holding my eye.

Once I reached the door, I opened it and walked in. The meeting had already started. Ritchie noticed me and raised an eyebrow. "Mario, why are you late?"

"And why are you holding your eye?" Boat continued.

"Well, to answer Ritchie's question, I was jumped on the way here. To answer Boat's question, I got punched in the eye and now I can't open it at all." I explained as I took my respective seat next to Kit.

Everyone looked at me, shocked and a bit concerned.

"Can we see it?" Kit asked, probably regretting it. I sighed.

"Sure..." Everyone huddled around me. When I took my hand off, everyone winced and backed away instantly, except kit. She just changed seats.

'Huh, didn't think it was that bad...'

"Oooooo, that's looks bad. David, can you take Mario to the infirmary? Y'know, in case the person is still here?" Ritchie asked, looking between me and David.

"Ummm, sure. C'mon, Mario." I walked off with David to the infirmary and on our way, I was jumped again.

"Ahhh!!" I fell backwards as a man with a black hood jumped in front of me and pointed a knife at my neck.

"Goodnight, Cavern Dragon Slayer." The mysterious guy whispered as he pulled the knife back, getting ready to stab me. I braced for impact but it never came.

I look up and saw the guy trapped in ice.
"C'mon, hurry!" David grabbed my arm and pulled me up, dragging me to the infirmary as we run.

Once we arrived, I sat on the bed as Iceboi grabbed the bandages for my eye.

"Alright now hold still." He put a cotton bud with ointment on my eye and I wince at the pain but kept still.

TIME SKIP BY OLIVER HIMSELF

(Still Mario's POV)

After I had a bandage over my eye, we were off, heading back to the guildhall. We were going to ask Ritchie or Brandon what we missed on the meeting.

"So, you alright now?" David asked, looking at me as we walk.

"Yeah, I guess... Sucks only being able to look out of one eye," I chuckled. I could tell he sensed the humour as he chuckled as well.

Then I paused and stopped walking.

'Someone's nearby...'

David looks back and noticed that I stopped walking. "Hey, Mario? You good?"

"Someone's nearby..." I said aloud.

David's eyes went wide as he grabbed my hand and we booked it for the guildhall. "Are they still following?" He yelled as we ran.