New Years Homesickness (OoO)

A/N: I know this is late but I suddenly sent home from my aunty's so yeah, i had to pack. I said I was doing all requests and New Years ones are included! So thanks to AngelBeeAKAFloria for this New Years request! Sorry I'm late!! :3 and I'm sorry if you don't like the ship, I just wanted to change it up a bit :).

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

(Mario's POV)

Today's the last day of 2019, a.k.a New Years Eve. Everyone was setting up for tonight's firework show that's gonna happen at Midnight.

Every other camper who wasn't helping, was talking about how their year has been at camp. Xylo was talking with Kay, Bryan was with Bri, Jake's with his boyfriend, and obviously Ritchie, Michael and Austin were together, helping with the fireworks display.

Me on the otherhand, I was walking around camp, feeling a little... homesick. You see, it's my first New Years celebration without my mother.

I haven't seen her in so long and wish she was here... I wanna see her, even if it's just for New Years...

(Xylo's POV)

Kay and I were just talking about the year and how it's been at camp until I saw Mario walking around.

I turned and waved my arm at him, "Hey! Mario!" I called out to him but he just looked at me with a sad face and continued walking with his head down. Me and Kaykrae looked at each other, confused.

"Normally he would greet us or walk over." Kay said in a worried tone.

"Yeah, something's wrong. C'mon." We both got up from our seats and followed the lightning demigod.

We ended up following him to the campfire where he sat on a log. We hid behind a bush and listened to what Mario was saying.

"It's just... it's different to what I did at home at this time. Everyone else has been here longer and I'm new. It's just my first time away from home and away from... my mother..." He said to himself, sadly.

We were both completely shocked.

"Mario..." I trailed off, looking at Kay.

"...is homesick?" She said looking back at me. We stared at each other and nodded, having the same thought in our head. We decided to listen up to Mario's little rant about his normal New Years tradition in order to plan something special for him.

After a while...

After he finished talking to himself, he left for his cabin so we took this as an opportunity to set out plan into action. We gathered all the campers into the middle of camp to discuss our plan.

"Alright, everyone, listen up! Kay has something to say." I say grinning while looking at everyone.

"Thank you Xylo. So, is everyone familiar with our lightning friend, Mario?" Everyone nodded their heads, now concerned about the little demigod.

You see, we all became protective of the little bean ever since he came to camp. He seems to attract attention and not the good kind. Heck, even Bryan is trying to be friends with him but Mario still doesn't trust him and is scared he'll turn again.

"And is everyone familiar with New Years?" Now everyone was confused on how they connect.

"Well, you see, Mario is... homesick." I say. Most of the campers understand but some are still confused. The one's who have known Mario since he first arrived (Marshie, Relena, me, Kay etc) understand. The ones who don't really know him but are friends or are still protective of him (Colin, Ritchie, Austin, Bri etc).