"H-He's dead..." (OoO S2)

A/N: Originally this was written on Discord, but I shall share it here as possibly my shortest oneshot uwu. Now~ Enjoy ze Lychee angst while I go write Angi fish boi :3

P.: If there are spelling mistakes, don't @ me pls ;-;. It's 10:46pm TwT
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

H-He's dead... D-Davis is dead... Lychee couldn't process anything anymore once his eyes landed on the sight of his big brother's lifeless eyes, an ice impaling his chest and going right through him. Something about this made Lychee snap, the death of his brother made his control break and his demon side took over. All the small demon could see was red. "You killed him... You killed my big brother... And now, you're gonna pay the price for something I lost..." A deep and scary voice came from the small fruit boy's mouth, it sent shivers down everyone's spines... and it wasn't because of the cold.

"Aww, what's the little demon going to do~ Hit me with his little scythe?~" Loki cooed, smirking at the stone cold demon. His smirk dropped when he was met by the harshest glare he had ever seen coming from anyone he's ever met. Suddenly, Lychee pulled out his scythe that was bigger than his own body. "That's exactly what I'm going to do..." That started it, Lychee and Loki were stuck in a massive fight where both of them were using their weapons and magic, yet somehow, Lychee had the upperhand against thr trickster god. At the end of the fight, Lychee was kind of beaten up while Loki was freaking battered. Lychee had Loki pinned to the ground, scythe against his neck ready to slice it off and end the god's life. "Now I shall take away something from you that you took away from me... your life..." As soon as Lychee was about to strike the final blow, Nad called out.

"LYCHEE!! REMEMBER HE'S MY UNCLE!! YOU DON'T NEED TO KILL HIM!! YOU'RE BETTER THAN HIM!!!" Lychee's body froze for a second before he stumbled back, clutching his head and dropping his scythe, this allowed Loki enough time to move away from the demon boi and teleport away for good.

Xylo ran forward and held onto Lychee as he was struggling to stay standing. "Lychee. Lychee, are you alright? Come on buddy, say something." Nothing. Nothing came out of Lychee's mouth as he just looking to the ground while clutching his head, still having the mental image of Davis' lifeless body with the ice spike right through, blood on the tip and surrounding him. It kept replaying over and over and over again, Lychee wanted it to stop, he wanted his brother back, he wanted his big bro back with him and the others. "Guys I think we need to find shelter, there's a snow storm coming our way." Cal pointed towards a giant cloud of snow racing towards them like a sandstorm in the desert. Nad led them to an underground cave, Xylo still holding Lychee and Lychee just allowing his body to be dragged by the other demigod.

Once they were settled into the cave that the viking had led them to, they started to make jokes about using Cal as a glowstick and ended up with Xylo making a fire. Lychee moved on his own to the corner of the cave, furthest away from the fire place and the coldest spot to be in. While the others were surrounded in the warmth, just having small talk between them, Lychee hugged his knees tightly as the image of his dead big brother popped into his small fruit mind once more. He can just hear his demon talking to him, to go join Davis, to find a cliff and join him in the afterlife, to be with his big bro forever. He'll finally get to see Davis again, they'll be with each other forever, endless brothers... It was something he's always wanted, even if he's following with Brandeen's plan, these nutheads have become his family.

Not even saying a word to anybody, Lychee got up from his spot in the cave and before anyone to ask him anything, he ran. He ran right out the entrance of the cave and towards the nearest cliff where he could finally be reunited with his brother.

"Lych- Lychee wait!!" Nad yelled out, attempting to grab Lychee's arm as he ran right into the blizzard that was outside with nothing but his coat and pants on. Everyone was a bit confused on why the small demon ran out the cave but then Ricarro said something that made everybody follow Lychee in a hearbeat... "H-He's going to join big bro..."

Lychee made it to a cliff and looked over the edge. 'This should be steep enough...' He thought to himself as he stepped back a little, planning on giving himself a running start before he joined Davis up in the clouds.

Just as Lychee was about to go for it, a very familiar voice called out to him, stopping him from taking his last step. "Lychee!!" The fruit boi was frozen... He ws supposed to be dead, h-how can he hear his voice? He supposed that it was just a voice in his head and turned around but there he was... the tall white-haired demigod who he watched get impaled by an ice spike... was standing right there with the others. No blood, no cuts, nothing. Davis was just standing there with a concerned and horrid look on his face. Tears appeared in Lychee's eyes as he sniffled, D-Davis can't be alive... H-He jsut can't be... Without thinking, Lychee took a step back when Davis started walking towards him, making him fall off balance as tumbled at the edge of the cliff.

Everyone else gasped and nearly yelled Lychee's name when he was about to fall, but Davis caught him. He brought the demon boi to his chest and hugged him tightly, proving to Lychee that he's there, he's real, he's alive. "I'm real middle bro, I'm fine." Even more tears appeared and fell down Lychee's pink face as he hugged Davis tighter than any hug he's ever given. His big brother was alive, he didn't go to the after life, t-they're together again! But Lychee had a small question that he now needed the answer to.

"H-How...?" He whispered shakingly, barely audible for Davis to hear but he somehow heard it anyways. "Well, I don't remember dying and such but Cal explained what happened and what you were about to do. I can't lose my middle bro! You and Ricarro are like legitimate brothers to me." He gestured for the small red unicorn demon to join in the bro hug, and Ricarro gladly accepted it. He had a few of his own tears, both happy that Lychee didn't kill himself and happy that Davis was alive. The three of them just enjoyed the silence of the moment, also enjoying that the blizzard had stopped a while ago. But this was ruined when some white-haired fruit demon sniffled then sneezed cutely, making everyone chuckle a little but also a bit concerned.

"Guessing someone got themself sick?" Davis chuckled, looking at Lychee's tired eyes and red cheeks, clear giveaways that the demon boi had gotten himself sick. Lychee rolled his eyes and sniffled again, shaking a little from the cold and the fact that his legs might give out. "How about we head home now? It's getting colder and I don't think Lychee should be here anymore." Nad suggested, already getting ready to teleport them out of Niffleheim. Everyone nodded and started to gather around Nad until only Davis and Lychee were standing alone, Lychee was leaning against Davis. "Can you walk?"

Lychee shook his head, leaning more of his weight against Davis as he shook, his legs were numb from the cold. Suddenly, he let out a small 'meep' when Davis picked him up and held him tightly in his arms, walking over to stand by the others. "I'll get you to the med bay for some medicine. For now~ Just sleep and I'll keep you warm." Lychee smiled weakly before snuggling into Davis' chest, it was acting like a heater for him and it was amazing. As he dozed off, he smiled tiredly and happily, happy that he didn't lose his big brother that day.

He was happy, that his family didn't lose a member.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

A/N: Yep. Just a small angsty idea I had :3. Now to go continue writing chapter 2 of Universal Switch uwu. Enjoy this small little bit of angst which is around 1400 words, becoming the shortest oneshot I have ever written uwu. Cya in ze next chapter :D.

-HangyWulf