Her Teddy Bear

Nathalie looked around desperately, this teddy bear meant the world to her as a child. Most people would of kept it, but if it had made Gabriel happy she was happy.  

When she was younger Nathalie was very lonely with not much family, or any siblings. She had a brother, but he was never very fond of Nathalie. So she might as well have no siblings. This was given to Nathalie for her birthday, it was the first time she ever got something that wasn't a pen.

The teddy bears cinnamon colored fabric, and its black button eyes always felt like someone was listening to her... 

~ 𝐅𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐡 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 ~

"Mom, look I made it at school!" Nathalie held up her project for her mom to marvel at.

"Nath, Im very busy maybe later?" She walked away leaving Nathalie alone again.

"I thought she would like it... I guess my calculations were w-w-wrong...." She teared up as she walked back to her room. 

She sat on her bed, tears were trickling down her cheeks. 

"Teddy do y-you want to see my project..?" 

"....." Teddy sat propped up on her pillow.

"O-ok.. Thank you Teddy." 

Nathalie started explaining her project to the Teddy bear for 2 hours. She loved having someone to talk to, and for somebody to listen.

One faithful day though she gave him away it was for Gabriel's birthday. His parents were never fond of creative gifts like her parents. He looked so happy... 

Gabriel always listened to her when she would talk about math or other subjects.  She had a friend, a crush, and more from that day on. ♥ 

~ 𝐁𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐏𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 ~

She cried in his office, she was alone and scared. 

Nathalie had looked every where for the bear, the only spot left was his room.

There hidden behind his pillow, the item she desired. She had been starting to believe he had gotten rid of it. It warmed her heart that he kept it after all these years...

She pushed chairs together so that she could make a stair case with them. Nathalie climbed from the chairs to the bed. 

"Teddy..." She finally had him to comfort her, Nathalie pulled him out from under Gabriel's pillow. The peacock brooch revealed itself, as well. He must of hid it from her,  she thought as she clipped it on to her sweater vest. The blue Kwami came zipping out.

"Miss Nathalie!!!" She flew around Nathalie's head.

"Duusu!!" Nathalie hugged the small Kwami. 

Nathalie laid down on his bed holding Duusu and the teddy bear close to her. 

"I love you Duusu ♥ "  She kissed the Kwami's forehead.

Those words warmed her heart its the first time Nathalie had ever said that to her. 

"I love you to Miss Nathalie ♥ " The Kwami curled up on her chest watching over Nathalie as she slept. 

Duusu felt the need to protect her, just as she did with Emilie.

She wasn't going to loose her she wouldn't let it happen again, never again....