The Ball

𝗘𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗮𝗳𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗶𝗰𝗲-𝗰𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗺 𝘁𝗼𝗴𝗲𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗵𝗲 𝗵𝗮𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝗵𝗲𝗹𝗽𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝗿𝗰𝗵 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗟𝘂𝗰𝗸𝘆 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗺, 𝗮𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗲. 𝗛𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗵𝗮𝗱 𝗮 𝗯𝘂𝘀𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘀𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗿𝘂𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝗻𝗰𝗹𝘂𝗱𝗲𝗱 𝗴𝗼𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘁𝗼 𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘀𝗶𝗹𝗹𝘆 𝗯𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗡𝗮𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗹𝗶𝗲 𝗯𝗲 𝘁𝗮𝗴𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗹𝗼𝗻𝗴?

"Nathalie I've already told you N, O, no." He kneeled down in front of her.

"Im your assistant I have to go!" She insisted and pleaded him.

He just turned away and continued getting ready.

"Please!!?" Nathalie tugged on his tux jacket.

He let out a long exasperated sigh, "No, Nath you can't this a formal affair."

"Gabriel, I've gone to these before and I've seen rambunctious kids there! I'm sure you realize I'm not like that!" Her words were ever so calm but demanding.

"I've made sure that somebody will watch you while I am gone, you can even stay in my room okay?"

"Fine.." Nathalie flopped on to the bed in defeat.

There has to be some way!? She went through many possible things.

The peacock miraculous she could waltz on in, or she could pass out and cause a big commotion. There has to be some way ... 

Guilt was the best way to go in Nathalie's mind.

"Please let me go... I don't wanna be alone without you.." She gently pulled on his tux jacket with the most innocent voice.

She felt his emotions sway from pissed off, to guilt. The peacock may be broken but it still worked like a charm.

"I'll have to um... Think about it Nath." He walked out of the room leaving a beaming Nathalie.

"Sometimes its to easy.." She smiled.

"Come on Duusu we have to get ready!" She ran to her room. 

Ever since Gabriel realized she had no clothes that weren't Adrien's, he took it among himself to make some for her. Which included a deep blue dress with a gathered ruffle on the skirt hem,  with soft tule layers, and delicate lace details. It was the most beautiful thing Nathalie ever owned.. To bad it won't fit her when she changes back.

She rushed along getting ready, she even asked Duusu and Nooroo to do her hair.

Nathalie couldn't help but put a butterfly pin in her hair, after all it was his logo.

"Miss Nathalie! You look beautiful!" Duusu was practically shaking Nooroo to death in excitement.

"Duusu please stop your going to kill me..." Nooroo said queasily.

"Oh," Duusu stopped shaking him.

"Come on you guys!" She held the two Kwami's and started looking for Gabriel.

She ran down the stairs making sure not to trip on the elegant gown.

"Please can I go?" Nathalie stopped Gabriel before he exited the mansion.

He pushed up his glasses, trying not to look at her pleading face. "I swear your persistent.. You can come."

"Thank you!" 

She followed him into the car. "Thank you again Gabe. 💗💗💗"  

"This will also be a great time to akumatize somebody and maybe I could amokti-"

"No, your not using the peacock miraculous." He interrupted her.

"Fine then.." Nathalie held Duusu in her hands.

"Duusu spread my feathers," she whispered.

Nathalie transformed into Mayura. She leaned into toward Gabriel.

"But don't I look cute in it?" She twirled around.

Her cape billowed around her.

"Nathalie stop playing around! It's dangerous!" He took off the brooch forcing her to change back.

She fell back into her seat coughing.

"You have to understand that it's dangerous.." He walked over to her seat. 

(by the way they're in a limo)

"I know but....I want to help you.....all the way till the 𝘦𝘯𝘥."

Those words pinged in his chest, he never wanted it to 𝘦𝘯𝘥.

Nathalie practically jumped from her seat, "Were here!"

"Oh yes of course.." 

The two of them made their way down the red carpet and into the ballroom.

Gabriel could've named at least 10 people he hated right off the bat, that he knew he would have to talk to. Before they had left he told Nathalie to stay close by, really close by.

Nathalie had forgotten what a bore these events were, a bunch of people chatting about work the only exciting thing was free alcohol, but because of her age that would be out of the question.

Nathalie followed Gabriel, and then the worst most ugly sight of all Audrey Bourgeois, and she had been in fact changed to a child as well. 

"Look who it is fashion disaster Nathalie, your clothes are utterly ridiculous.

"I'm sorry you find them ridiculous, I'm sure Gabriel wouldn't approve of that."

She laughed, "You mean your actually wearing one of his Euro trash rags?" 

"I could say the same about your clothing miss," she sent her a cold icy glare.

"Ugh!! YOU LITTLE BRAT!!" She grabbed on to Nathalie's arm aggressively.

Gabriel stepped in pulling Audrey off of Nathalie.

"Stop touching my assistant Audrey." Gabriel said in deep voice making her run off.

"Thanks," Nathalie blushed as she rubbed her arm.

"We should probably go home before she comes back at you again, It's late anyways." 

"Thank you again.." She held his hand as they left.

"No problem Nathalie.."