Prologue

A/N

*actions*

(thoughts)

Y/N POV.

I've been running through this forest for who knows how long. In the distance I could her Beowolves howling. In my hands were the last things from my home, a picture of my family, and the family dagger.

Y/N: Gotta keep moving.

I was almost to a clearing when my foot got caught by a root, making me trip. I hit my head on the ground making me black out.

3rd POV.

A woman wearing a white cloak rushed in taking the Grimm out that were surrounding Y/N. She disposed of them with ease, stopping when there were none left. She then noticed Y/N on the ground.

???: You poor boy, let's get you back to my camp.

Y/N POV.

I slowly opened my eyes and found myself staring at the night sky. I groaned as I put my hand to my aching head. When I did, I felt bandages on my forehead.

???: Oh, your awake. How do you feel?

I looked over and saw a young woman wearing a white cloak with black hair that had red tips, and silver eyes.

Y/N: I-I'm fine, just a small headache.

The woman then pulled out a water bottle and handed it to me.

Y/N: Thank you...?

???: Oh, my name is Summer Rose, what's your name?

Y/N: It's Y/n, Y/N L/N.

Summer: L/N, why does that name sound so familiar?

Y/N: My family was pretty famous.

Summer: What do you mean was?

I shifted uncomfortably as the images ran through my head. I shook the thoughts out of my head and answered in a shaky voice.

Y/N: It... it was... my v-village was attacked by G-grimm.

Summer POV.

I looked at the young boy who was shaking. From what I saw in his photo, he had a sister. I couldn't bare to think what would happen if I lost one of my daughters. I thought for a moment before I asked Y/N a question.

Summer: Y/N?

Y/N: Y-yeah Summer?

Summer: Do you have anywhere to go?

Y/N shook his head. I sighed before I asked him another question.

Summer: Y/N, what is it you want to do when you grow up?

Y/N: I want to become a Hunter, so that what happened to me w-wont happen to anyone else.

Summer: How would you like to train with me?

Y/N: Train to be a Hunter?

Summer: Yes, I'm out for a mission which is taking me longer than expected and maybe someone with your skills can help.

3rd POV.

Y/N was confused, what skills did he have? All he was good for was running.

Y/N: What skills?

Summer: Well, you did run for miles while being chased by Grimm.

Y/N: But, wouldn't I be a burden to you?