Chapter 4: Dealing With A Bully.

Y/N POV

I was watching the fight between Cardin and Jaune in boredom. Jaune wasn't doing too good as Cardin was knocking him around.

Y/N: *Whispers* Man he sucks, how did he get into Beacon again?

Cardin: This is the part where you lose.

Jaune: Over my dead-!

Jaune is cut short as Cardin knees him in the gut, making Jaune drop his sword and fall to the ground in pain. Cardin raises his mace and is about to slam it down on a worried Jaune just when the buzzer rings, the lights come back on, and Glynda Goodwitch makes him to stop.

Glynda: Cardin, that's enough! Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match. Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your Scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beowolf, now, would we?

Cardin: Speak for yourself...

Y/N: (Karma is going to kick your cocky ass one of these days Cardin.)

Glynda: Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!

Vernde: *Whispers* Think we can win?

Y/N: *Whispers* Maybe, if I can find this one person I know.

Vernde: *Whispers* Are they any good?

Y/N shrugged as the bell rang.

At Lunch

Nora: So! There we were, in the middle of the night...

Ren: It was day.

Nora: We were surrounded by Ursai...

Ren: They were Beowolves.

Nora: Dozens of them!

Ren: Two of 'em.

Nora: But they were no match... And in the end, Ren and I took them down and made a boatload of Lien selling Ursa skin rugs!

Ren: She's been having this recurring dream for nearly a month now.

Y/N: Jaune? Are you okay man?

Jaune: Huh? Oh, yeah! Why?

Ruby: It's just that you seem a little... not okay...

Jaune: Guys, I'm fine. Seriously! Look!

He holds up a thumb while laughing nervously until his attention is focused on the members of Team CRDL, standing around a girl with brown rabbit ears jutting from her hair as Cardin laughs at her and Sky Lark holds up his hands to his head in a mock interpretation of her unusual features.

Y/N: Excuse me for a moment... CARDIN!

Cardin looked as me and scoffed.

Cardin: What do you want?

Y/N: Let her go NOW!

Cardin: Or what? What are you going to do about it?

Cardin continued to pull on the girl's ears, which angered me even more. I grabbed his wrist and throat, which made him let go of the Faunus.