Chapter 3: Classes

3rd POV

Ozpin: Russel Thrush. Cardin Winchester. Dove Bronzewing. Sky Lark. The four of you retrieved the black bishop pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team CRDL, led by... Cardin Winchester!

Y/N: (Why do I have the feeling that I'm gonna hate them?

The audience gives one more wave of ovation, while four students walk up to the stage to take their places in front of the headmaster as their faces fill the screen.

Ozpin: Jaune Arc. Lie Ren. Pyrrha Nikos. Nora Valkyrie. The four of you retrieved the white rook pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team JNPR.

Amid the clapping, Nora laughs and gives Ren a hug.

Ozpin: Led by... Jaune Arc!

Jaune: Huh? L-Led by...?

Y/N: (SON OF A BITCH!)

Ozpin: Congratulations, young man.

A grinning Pyrrha offers a friendly shoulder bump to Jaune, but her "fine leader" is knocked over and falls to his butt in front of the laughing audience.

Ozpin: Blake Belladonna. Ruby Rose. Weiss Schnee. Yang Xiao Long. The four of you retrieved the white knight pieces. From this day forward, you will work together as Team RWBY. Led by... Ruby Rose!

Weiss looks to her right surprised, where Ruby is obviously in shock as Yang goes over to hug her sister.

Y/N: (SON OF BITCH AGAIN!)

Yang: I'm so proud of you!

Ozpin: Now, Y/N L/N. Vernde Celtin. You two never got more partners, on normal circumstances you would be kicked out. But since you both retrieved the crimson pawn pieces. You will be a two person team, lead by Y/N L/N.

Vernde: *Whispers* You okay?

Y/N: *Whispers* I'll tell you later...

Ozpin: It looks like things are shaping up to be an... interesting year.

Y/N thought for a moment before he realized something.

Y/N: Wait...

Vernde: What is it? You look like you've seen a ghost.

Y/N: Lie Ren... Nora Valkyrie... I know them.

Vernde: Where do you know them from?

Y/N: The village where I lived before it was destroyed... Kuroyuri...

Later

Y/N: Ren! Nora! Is that really you?

Ren and Nora turned and their eyes widened.

Nora: Y/N? Is that... Really you?

Y/N: Y-yeah, I'm glad to see other people made it out.

Ren: ... We were the only ones.

Y/N: I-I see... Well, good luck to you both.

Nora: Sure thing! You take care of yourself!

Ren: See you around Y/N.

Y/N went to his dorm room and collapsed on a bed.

Y/N: (I'm glad they made it out. They were my only friends there.)

Y/N slowly drifted to sleep feeling slightly more relaxed.

Elsewhere