Chapter 10: Another Day At Beacon

Y/N POV

I awoke to the sounds of an airship, I looked out the window and grumbled as I knew who had arrived. I then pulled out my scroll and texted Ozpin.

Y/N: 'Hey Oz, mind if I had a small chat with the general? And don't tell him I'm here.'

Oz: 'Very well. Amuse me.'

I smiled as I put on my cloak and vanished into the shadows.

Ozpin's Office.

I silently hid on the ceiling and waited as I listened to the tin man.

Ironwood: Ozpin!

Ozpin stands at attention.

Ozpin: Hello, General.

Ironwood: Please, drop the formalities. It's been too long. And Glynda! It has certainly been too long since we last met.

Glynda: Oh, James! I'll be outside.

Ironwood: Well, she hasn't changed a bit.

Ozpin: So, what in the world has brought you all the way down from Atlas? Headmasters don't typically travel with their students, for the Vytal Festival. 

Ozpin offered Ironwood a mug that had coffee in it. Ironwood took it before speaking again.

Ironwood: Well, you know how much I love Vale this time of year.

Ironwood pulled a canteen from his inside coat pocket and poured its contents into his mug. If I had to guess, it was alcohol. Or maybe motor oil.

Ironwood: Besides, with you hosting, I thought that this might be a good opportunity for us to catch up.

Ozpin: I can certainly appreciate the quality time between friends, however, a small fleet outside my window has me concerned.

Ironwood: Well, concerned is what brought them here.

Ozpin: I understand that travel between kingdoms has become increasingly difficult.

Ironwood: Oz, you and I both know why I brought those men.

Y/N: (Yeah, and it was a stupid idea to do so.)

Ozpin: *Sip* We are in a time of peace. Shows of power like this are just going to give off the wrong impression.

Ironwood: But if what Qrow said is true...

Y/N: (Damn drunk.)

Ozpin: If what Qrow said is true, then we will handle it tactfully. It's the Vytal Festival. A time to celebrate unity and peace. So I suggest that you not scare people by transporting hundreds of soldiers halfway across the continent.

Ironwood: I'm just being cautious.

Y/N: A little too cautious Metaldick

Ironwood: Who said that?

I jumped down from the ceiling and did a mocking salute. Ironwood immediately pulled out his guns and pointed it at me.

Y/N: The Shadow Rose, here to be a huge pain in your ass.

Ironwood: I'm going to have to place you under arrest-

Y/N: What for, Metaldick? Besides have you forgotten?

Ironwood: I haven't forgotten what you did in Atlas.

Y/N: WRONG! Although I do have no regrets in doing what I did.