Chapter 1: A New Day

Y/N POV

Y/N: *Yawn* Wish I'd gone to bed last night.

Y/N watched as Ruby was hugged tightly by a blonde headed girl.

Yang: Oh, I can't believe my baby sister is going to Beacon with me! This is the best day ever!

Y/N: (So that's her sister. Don't worry Summer, I'll keep my promise).

Ruby: Please stop.

Yang: But I'm so proud of you!

Ruby: Really Sis, it was nothing.

Yang: What do you mean? It was incredible! Everyone at Beacon is going to think you're the bee's knees.

Ruby: I don't want to be the "bee's knees", okay? I don't want to be any kind of knees! I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees.

Yang: What's with you? Aren't you excited?

Ruby: Of course I'm excited... I just... *sigh* I got moved ahead two years. I don't want people to think I'm special or anything.

Yang: But you are special.

Y/N: *Mumbles* You got that right.

I saw a screen pop up showing the news and began to watch it.

Cyril: The robbery was led by nefarious criminal Roman Torchwick, who continues to evade authorities. If you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact the Vale Police Department. Back to you, Lisa.

The mugshot changes to Lisa Lavender, with a photo of animal-eared demonstrators holding signs saying "WE ARE NOT ANIMALS!" followed by an image of the logo of a growling red wolf's head with three scratch marks.

Lisa: Thank you, Cyril. In other news, this Saturday's Faunus Civil Rights protest turned dark when members of the White Fang disrupted the ceremony. The once peaceful organization has now disrupted...

The news feed is cut off as a hologram of Glynda replaces it.

Y/N: Hey... I was watching that.

Glynda: Hello, and welcome to Beacon!

Yang: Who's that?

Glynda: My name is Glynda Goodwitch.

Yang: Oh.

Glynda: You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy! Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsmen and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it. You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world."

The hologram disappears and everyone looks out the windows to see the town below.

Ruby: Oh, wow! Look, you can see Signal from up here! I guess home isn't too far after all!

Yang: Beacon's our home, now.

Y/N: (Maybe I'll finally not have to worry about sleeping out in the forest. And I just got used to it last week). 

I then heard a passenger groaning and hunched over nearby, running to the back of the ship.

Y/N&Yang: Guess the view isn't for everyone.

Yang looked over at me and raised an eyebrow.

Yang: Well, hey there handsome.

Ruby: Yang...