Chapter 21: The Beginning of the Fall.

*CONNECTION REESTABLISHED*

*DOWNLOADING DATA*

Pyrrha was standing in front of Ozpin's desk, along with Qrow and Drake standing in a corner.

Ozpin: Well, it comes as no surprise that they've chosen you to move on to the final round of the tournament. Your performance was exemplary.

Pyrrha: Thank you, Professor Ozpin, but I would never have made it this far without my teammates.

Qrow: Personally, I think it's the other way around.

Drake: Shut up, Qrow.

Qrow: Whatever.

Pyrrha: I'm sorry, but I don't believe we've been introduced.

Qrow: Name's Qrow.

Ozpin: Qrow is a trusted colleague of mine. And if I'm correct, you've already met Drake.

Pyrrha: I have met him. Professor, if you don't mind me asking, why have you called me here?

Ozpin: Please, take a seat. What is your favorite fairy tale?

Pyrrha: I'm... sorry?

Drake: Fairy tales, stories from your childhood.

Pyrrha: Well, there's The Tale of The Two Brothers, The Shallow Sea, The Girl in the Tower...

Ozpin: What about The Story of the Seasons?

Pyrrha: Well, of course!  A callous old man, who refuses to leave his home, is visited by four traveling sisters. The first understands his reclusive nature and urges him to use his time in solitude to reflect and meditate. The second brings him fruits and flowers, tending to his crops and revitalizing his garden. The third warms the man's heart, convincing him to step outside and embrace the world around him. And the fourth and final sister begs him to look at all that he has, and be thankful. In return for their kindness, the man grants the maidens incredible powers, so that they may continue to help others all over the world. They graciously accept, and promise to share their gifts with the people of Remnant 'til the end of days. Winter, Spring, Summer, and Fall; the four maidens. My mother loves that story.

Ozpin: Would you believe me if I told you that one's been around since I was a boy?

Pyrrha: *laughs* You're not that old, Professor.

Drake: He's older than what people think.

Ozpin: Well, would you believe me if I told you it was true?

Pyrrha: I beg your pardon?

Ozpin: What if I were to tell you that there were four maidens existing in this world, that could wield such tremendous power, without Dust?

Pyrrha: You mean... like a Semblance?

Ozpin: Like Magic.

Pyrrha: I...

Qrow: Yeah. First time hearing it's pretty crazy.

Drake: Not really. There's a LOT of magic where I'm from. 

Pyrrha: You're serious?

Ozpin: Do I look like I'm joking?

Pyrrha: ... No...  Why... why are you telling me this?

Ozpin: We are telling you this, Pyrrha Nikos, because we believe that you are next in line to receive the Fall Maiden's powers.

Pyrrha: We?

At that moment, the elevator doors open, and she sees Glynda and Ironwood step out.

Ironwood: Sorry we're late.