Chapter 18: Vital Festival

A/N: The start of this chapter is a month after the last one.

3rd POV

Crowds are cheering in the stands, visitors from all over the world. In the field of volcanic earth and icy glaciers below, Ruby fires and swings her Crescent Rose at an off-screen target as Blake exchanges blows with Reese Chloris, the blades of her Gambol Shroud colliding with the hoverboard of her opponent until she flips away, readies herself, and charges in again. Behind her, Weiss waves her Myrtenaster as the sound of her mystical power is heard, and finally Yang dodges the explosive force of Arslan Altan's fist before returning fire with her own Ember Celica.

High above the action, two familiar teachers are sitting at a sportscaster's desk, with a microphone between them and the holographic image of the four kingdoms' symbols united as one.

Port: Hello! It seems that we have another astonishing bout ahead of us! Wouldn't you agree, Professor?

Oobleck: *annoyed* Doctor. *brightens up excitedly again* And yes Peter, I think it's safe to say this match may be the closest we've seen of the four-on-four round of the tournament!

Port: For those of you just now joining us, welcome to the Vytal Festival Tournament, broadcast live from the Amity Colosseum! *he waves his arm to gesture at the entire event from his place on the gigantic screen over the crowds*

The Coliseum is shown in its full glory, as shuttle craft transport people to and from the various floors while the entire structure hovers around the airspace of Beacon Academy. Explosions are seen throughout the battlefield, but the view shifts back to the announcers as they begin speaking again.

Port: If this is your first time watching, allow us to break down the rules.

As the two teachers were explaining the rules, Y/N and his team were watching Team RWBY fight.

Rein: So, who do you think is going to win?

Y/N: RWBY.

Vernde: RWBY.

Neo: RWBY.

It was strange hearing Neo's voice again after so many years.

Flashback

It had been a week since Roman's 'plan'. Team T/N were relaxing in their dorm when Rein broke the silence.

Rein: Hey Neo, why is it you can't speak?

Neo: A few years ago my vocal chords were severed.

Rein: Well, I have a Semblance that can repair things. I might actually be able to fix your voice.

Neo: Really?

Y/N: Wait, are there any downsides to this?

Rein: Not really, it's more of 'If it works, it works. If it doesn't, it doesn't.'

Neo: Why not? It's not like I'll have anything to lose.

Rein smiled as he gently placed his hand around Neo's neck, a red Aura appeared around his hand. After a few moments, Rein removed his hand from Neo's throat and began to pant.

Rein: That Semblance takes a lot out of me. How do you feel?

Neo: *Scratchy* A bit weird.

Neo instantly covered her mouth with widened eyes.

Vernde: Hey, you got your voice back, nice.

Neo: T-thank you.

Rein: Don't mention it.