Chapter 13: Preparations for the Ball.

A/N

Speaking with a sign.

'Sign language.'

*Actions*

(Thoughts.)

Talking during a flashback

Beacon - Afternoon.

Y/N was outside as he watched Sun attempt to ask Blake to the dance.

Sun: Hey, Blake! You uh, doing okay?

Blake: I'm fine.

Y/N: (Blake, that is complete Grimmshit and you know it.)

Sun: So I hear there's this dance going on this weekend... ah, sounds pretty lame, but you and me, I'm thinking, not as lame, huh?

Blake: What?

Sun: The dance! This weekend! You wanna go, or what?

Blake: I don't have time for a stupid dance. I thought you of all people would get that.

Blake walks away past her team. Sun sinks from his rejection.

Y/N: Don't sweat it monkey-boy. Just give her some time.

Sun: I know she's worried and all, but she needs to stop before she hurts herself.

RWBY Dorm

Blake: You what?

Blake is sitting with her arms crossed as Y/N and the rest of her team stares at her.

Ruby: We want you to go to the dance.

Blake: That's ridiculous.

Yang: Blake, we're worried about you. This investigation is starting to mess with your head.

Weiss: You can't sleep, you hardly eat, and to be honest, your grades have been suffering.

Blake: You think I care about grades? *Gestures out the window* People's lives are at stake!

Yang puts her hand on Blake's, lowering it.

Y/N: We know, and we're all still trying to figure out what Torchwick is up to. You think that I've slept properly in the last few days?

Ruby: Thanks to you and Sun, we know they're operating somewhere outside of southeast Vale.

Weiss: And, the Schnee company records singled out Vale as the primary target for Dust robberies over the last few months.

Yang: Don't forget about their missing military tech too.

Blake: But there's still unanswered questions!

Y/N: There will always be unanswered questions, Blake.

Ruby: Blake, you won't be able to find anything if you can't even keep your eyes open!

Yang: All we're asking is that you take it easy for one day.

Weiss: It will be fun! Yang and I will make sure of it.

Yang: Yeah! We're planning the whole event!

Yang pumps her fists which causes the bed to bounce Blake.

Blake: Excuse me?

Y/N: Didn't you know? Team CFVY's away mission lasted longer than expected.

Yang: So, Weiss and I were asked to pick up where they left off. And now we can make sure you have the perfect night.