Chapter 11: Painting The Town...

Y/N was in Professor Ports class as he watched Jaune try to talk to Weiss.

Y/N: (Give it up already dude, she won't say yes to you. Besides, Pyrrha is the one you should be asking.)

Jaune: So, Weiss, y'know, uh, I-I was thinking after this, maybe we could go grab a bite to eat? And, uh um, I-I've got two tickets to that new Spruce Willis movie, if you wanna make the trip to Vale. I hear it's awesome. Aaaand maybe after that, we could study together? I mean, you're smart and I'm, uh... Y'know.

Finally, the clock in front of Weiss gives a shrill beep as it changes from 3:59 to 4:00, and she dismisses it with a wave of her hand. The professor is temporarily unaware of the alarm.

Port: And then I— Oh. Timed that one wrong, I guess. Well, the stunning conclusion to this story will have to wait. Until next time!

Jaune: Weiss? Did you hear me?

Weiss: No, no, no, yes.

Upon hearing this, Jaune groans and does a faceplant into his desk.

As the rest of Team RWBY walks out of class behind him, Yang ruffles Jaune's hair without even looking.

Yang: One day.

Y/N: (But not with that girl.)

Team RWBY Dorm room.

Team RWBY adjusted their new outfits as they prepared for the next phase of their plan.

Blake: I thought that class would never end.

Ruby: Alright, guys, today's the day! The investigation begins!

Ruby Happily leaps off her mattress and onto the floor, arms raised excitedly. She almost lands on Weiss, who is on the bottom bunk.

Weiss: *sarcastically* I'm glad to see we're taking this so seriously.

Yang: Hey, we've got a plan! That's... moderately serious.

Ruby: Right! Everyone remember their roles?

Weiss: You and I will head to the CCT and check the Schnee records for any other Dust robberies or inconsistencies. Seeing as I'm in the family, it shouldn't be a problem.

Blake: The White Fang has regular faction meetings to hand out orders and recruit new members. If I can get in, I can hopefully find out what they're planning.

Yang: I have an old friend on the shady side of town that typically knows everything going on in Vale. Getting information out of him shouldn't be too hard...

Ruby: Great! We'll meet up tonight near Yang to go over what we found. Let's do this!

Sun: Yeah!

Everyone looks out the window to see a smiling Sun Wukong as he hangs upside-down by his tail with Y/N hanging upside down next to him. The whole team is taken aback.

Blake: Sun!

Ruby: Y-Y/N!

Yang: How did you two get up there?

Sun: Ah, it's easy; I do it all the time.

Weiss: You do what?!

Sun: I climb trees all the time! 

Y/N: I eavesdrop on important information such as this.

Both Sun and Y/N climbed into the room as everyone was recovering from shock.

Sun: So, are we finally getting back at that Torchwick guy?

Blake: We are going to investigate the situation... as a team.