Unnecessary Information About Apples

The High King's eyes opened as he heard a knocking, falling on the clock in which told him it was 5:15am.

Something had to be wrong- no one in their right mind would be knocking at his door at this time if not, never mind be awake.

The covers were off him within a second as he pulled the door open.

"Tayli- Lilith?"

"Morning."

It took the King a moment to realise as to why there was an amused smirk on her face.

"What's- Oh." He realised, glancing down and realising he was only in his boxers.

Well, he HAD just been abruptly woken.

"Any reason you're at my door at 5am?" He asked, turning back into his room and gathering clothes.

"Well, we said we'd do something today. I thought I'd choose this time." The redhead replied, placing herself on the edge of his bed.

"What do you have in mind?"

"Well, last time we did a day in a life of you. Time to swap."

"You could've given me warning." He replied, but his expression told her he didn't mind in the slightest.

"Like you did?"

"Point taken."

He accepted fairly, "What first then?"

"The market."

"Market?"

"Farmer's market. For ingredients."

"Don't you get things delivered?"

"Mostly." She admitted. "But I prefer to get them fresh when I have chance."

"I wouldn't call waking at 5am when you get to start at 8 on Sunday getting a ch- are you watching me get changed?"

"A decent view." She replied with a shrug, only narrowly avoiding a T-shirt that was thrown at her. "Ready?"

"If you're done ogling." He replied pointedly, shrugging a jacket on.

"I'll never be done ogling." She spoke, accepting his hand as they left the room. "We should hurry- Jones has the best apples, but it's usually gone by 6, we'll make if it we leave now."

"6am for apples?"

"Priorities of a palace chef, Peter. Serious priorities."

-
"Aren't they all just the same?" The blond spoke, confused as Lilith selected apples. He half wondered if she would hit him if he bought her some of those sunflowers behind her- who knew sunflower oil was extracted from actual sunflower seeds?

"No. You want cooking ones for pies- like those ones." She declared happily, holding it up for him to see. "I was always told cooking apples made you ill eating them raw, apparently that's a load of bullshit." She spoke before biting into one. "They're just a bit tarter than usual, try it."

He took the Apple, obliging before making a slightly face, "They DO taste funny."

She nodded, turning back to the stall.

"Aren't there any norma-" yet the King was cut off as his phone rang.

"I've to take this." He told her guiltily, yet she gave him a nonchalant shrug and carried on her searching.

"I've got to go back." Peter's voice was urgent, and suddenly their getaway market morning, was not so getaway.

"Why? Is something the matter?"