Indecisiveness is a Communicable Affliction

"Edmund! Susan wants you to-"

"Sorry, Lu, not today, I've got a date." The young King shook his head, superbly hiding the nervousness he felt. "But what does she want? I'll get to it when I reach home tonight."

"Transportation for our closest relatives." His sister told him. "We've left THOSE a little too late, I believe, there's very little time left now, the wedding being tomorrow. Lilith's done her final dress fitting too."

"Final?" Edmund asked, surprised. "How many dress fittings has it been?"

"One every fortnight." Lucy shrugged in a very proper manner. "Surprisingly, always seemed to coincide with her princess- or Queen lessons. She doesn't even TRY, at least your girlfriend does."

"Lesser of two evils, I'm assuming." Her elder brother laughed, wondering why Lilith wouldn't even TRY to learn, even for her fiancé. "Poor Sanya, stuck with Florence alone."

"Speaking of Sanya, where are you two going out tonight? Tipped off the media yet?" Lucy asked knowingly, glint in her eye.

"We do no such thing." Edmund smirked. "And we're staying in tonight, with take out- which I've got to take, so bye, Lucy!"

"Bring leftovers. And enjoy yourself!"

He hoped he would, but it all came down to one thing.

---------------------------------------------------------

"I am SORRY that I'm late but I swear, ever since Lisa interviewed you all, she acts like she's top dog- no, I'm not going to compare her to the best animal ever- and Ivy's absent too, it was her birthday so she went home and the workload was awful, ugh, I just want to stay home all the time now, it's barely even any writing there and-"

"Calm down." Edmund laughed, switching off the TV- not that he'd been watching it, as filled with nervous energy as he was. "Being a Sun reporter-"

"Journalist!"

"Sorry, journalist not going well?"

"No! I never eve-" She paused, crashing onto the sofa in a way which would not make Mademoiselle Florence proud. "You know that I never actually wanted to be a journalist- that I just, wanting to be a successful author was impractical and wouldn't mean a comfortable life and- I like being comfortable! Also, I found journalism IS worthwhile, it helps people and tackles social issues with writing but.." She shook her head, knowing she was ranting. "It doesn't seem like my thing anymore, at all."

"Perhaps then you won't mind leaving the job?" The King asked, fingers subtly digging inside his pockets.

"I- what? I'm not going to leave, why-"

"Queens aren't allowed to have a time consuming day job."

"But I'm not-"

He got down on one knee, and Sanya's face portrayed a picture of shock.

"What." She went, knowing quite well what but her brain not able to compute it.

Edmund didn't roll his eyes.
"I sort of played around with the idea of doing this in public or somewhere fancy, like on top of the Eiffel Tower-"

"It's very cold there." The brunette's voice was mechanical, she felt like it wasn't really her speaking- it was like an out of body experience, she couldn't remember feeling so... so eager and excited in so long.

"But I decided against it, because there's only one person I want this to be in front of."

She was tempted to ask 'who?' but she couldn't find her voice, instead only sitting up and looking at the King on his knees before her.