A Tornado Truth

With 2, simple words, the redhead's world fell apart, leaving her lost in a tornado of nausea, regret, dread, guilt- and a lot more.

"What's he on about?" Peter spoke, tone near-fearful as he looked to Lili- Ameli- his Head Chef, who had fallen silent as she stared at his brother.

"I-" she glanced between Edmund and Sanya, guessing her Gryff knew also, then back to the King. "How did you find out?"

"So you admit it?"

"That depends on what I'm accused of." She replied with much more resolution than she felt.

"That you're part of the Fortis, the rebel group who have been plotting against the English Monarchy with Miraz's ancestors for the past 350 years. That you were selected to- the best word for it, spy- on those inside the Palace, and then send any information to your base."

Lilith forced herself to ignore the High King, who dropped into the nearest chair.

"But- how?"

"I'm good at finding stuff. And- well, mostly hackers." Sanya replied, torn between feeling the utmost outrage at her friend's lies or the utmost guilt on making her friend look the most defeated she'd ever seen her.

"Then your hackers will have seen the rest."

"There's more? Are you sure that'd be best for you to speak of right now?" Edmund asked sharply, crossing his arms with a glare.

"Yes." She snapped, her eyes finally landing on the blond King, who now had his head in his hands, yet was still silent.

They could throw her in jail for the rest of her life- hell, kill her for all she cared- but he needed to know.

He needed to understand.

"Your hackers seem to have left out what happened AFTER I was sent here. AFTER I cut contact with them. AFTER they thought I had no choice. AFTER I realised you four weren't simply stuck up, pretentious arseholes set to destroy the country. AFTER I fell in love with your brother and cut contact with the outside. AFTER they thought it was all part of my act. AFTER the proposal when they realised it was no longer an act and tried to kill me."

"Drop the act." The brunet King scoffed, feeling nothing but disgust for the traitor. Oh, he knew traitors could mend but- but to fail to admit such crimes...

"It's not an act! Not anymore!"

"Then why didn't you leave? If you ARE good and knew you were bringing death so close to- to those you're supposed to care about?" Sanya queried, feeling rather sick at the whole situation, not blaming the Queens or High King for being unable to find words.

"To keep you safe!"

"That makes no sense, Lili- Amel- whoever you are." Susan spoke with a sad shake of her head.

"If I'd have left, if they'd have killed me- which they WOULD have-"

"You should be willing to die for the safety of your people!"

"Hear me out!" Lilith cried at the brunet King.

"Let her speak." An unusually quiet voice came from behind the three stood Monarchs.

The redhead looked, mildly surprised but incredibly heartbroken as the blond didn't even lift his head to look to her.

"If I'd have gone, they'd have sent another in. Karla was next and- she wanted me to poison you my first day here."

Edmund was too busy calculating whether these were lies or not to relish in the fact he'd been correct with the use of poison.

"So, this was to protect us?" Lucy's voice came shakily, cautious.