The Most Controversial Wedding Kiss Ever

Lilith was half grateful.

Nothing could be as stressful as those you care about finding out- well, what they just had. And so being the bride at a Royal wedding was now something she felt she could meet with the posture and grace she should have.

She owed that to him, at least.

"I'm quite surprised you're here." The redhead spoke honestly, seeing her pre-asked maid of honour enter not long after Peter had been ushered out and stylists sent in. "I thought you'd have... changed your mind. Or perhaps slept in?" She tried for humour, yet the guilt that would apparently become an all too familiar sensation swept over her at the sight of one she'd had to keep her truth from.

"I keep my promises, mostly, and I don't lie." Sanya told her pointedly, sitting down in the chair one of the stylists had gestured to, before getting up as her dress was thrust at her. "Do you want me to sit down or get dressed?" She asked the stylist angrily, but received only a baleful look in reply as she turned and went to work on Lilith.

"Anyway," She addressed the redhead again "I had to get away, and I had no idea where else to go."

Lilith frowned, looking to her friend and ignored the exasperated cry of the stylists. "Get away? From what? What happened?"

"Ed- my f- actually, never you mind." She said, scowling at the bride-to-be. "I can dress myself, thanks." She added dryly to a stylist who had abandoned Lilith to come over and help her get into her gold dress.

"Of course it matters! And there's something else that matters that hasn't been voiced." The redhead added, glancing towards the maid-of-honour's left hand. "When? How?"

"Last night, at home." She said shortly, now ignoring the stylist who was subtly shoving her towards the bathroom to go change. "And what do you mean HOW? Don't you know how one gets engaged?"

"Well, I DO but-" She was about to shake her head, yet then realised she WOULD be murdered by the stylists. "Apologies for trying to show interest. When are you announcing it? The ring definitely won't go unseen today."

"I don't know. And I can wear gloves to hide the ring, if you want, but I'm not taking it off." Oh, she knew she was being rude and obstinate but she was annoyed and was feeling the too-familiar prickling of pure rage.

She felt bad for Lilith, though, but then she WAS the reason she might not have had a fiancé at all- if she still did- so she didn't say anything.

"Gryff, I'm not saying you should hide it! I just- if people see and you weren't ready yet then- and the media might- oh, forget I said anything." The redhead decided, turning back to where she knew she ought to be facing. It seemed like hostility was something she ought to get used to- not that she could blame them, of course.

Sanya felt worse than ever. "I know." She spoke, standing up and walking to the bathroom, fed up with the stylist's pokes. "And I'm sorry, and- anyway, I don't mind the world finding out- but Edmund probably will mind."

"Don't be sorry. YOU shouldn't be worry for anything. I doubt he will be- you two make your dates as public as possible as it is, and he loves you- so I'm sure he won't mind in the slightest."

"Latest intelligence on our relationship faulty then, spy." The brunette spoke both bitingly and jokingly as she left the bathroom some minutes later, really hoping she'd adjusted the toga-style shoulder of the dress properly. "Anyway, how do I look? And can I leave already?"

"Whatever's happened between yo- sorry, clearly not correct- Edmund and yourself, I'm sure one look at you and all shall be fixed." Lilith spoke with a small laugh, looking at the reflection of her friend in the mirror in front of them. "And there's still another 4 hours, I won't tie you down in here-"