The Equilateral Burden of a Broken Hand and Princess Lessons

"I told you, I told you, I TOLD you-"

"Sanya, shut up, you're high on a lot of pain medicine."

"Because I've got a broken hand- look how it dangles!" Lilith closed her eyes as Sanya's left hand flopped about, like Harry's in Chamber of Secrets. "And your boyfriend has a dislocated shoulder from jumping on you to save you- oh, oops, sorry, FIANCÉ-"

"Keep your voice down!"

"He did propose with the whole world watching-"

"No disrespect, Your Majesty, but shut up." The redhead groaned as Edmund entered to sit by his girlfriend's side. "Is Peter out of surgery?"

"Almost, just stitching up the torn ligament." He sighed- he couldn't even bring himself to say 'I told you so' because as Lucy was speaking, he had started thinking it actually WAS a jolly good idea.

"What's a ligament?" Sanya scrunched up her nose- adorably, Ed thought- and also asked, "Is it that stick candy thing?"

"That's- liquorice, what's wrong with-"

"They gave her a lot of pain medicine after you left with your sisters." Lilith WANTED to sound sorry but the journalist on drugs was incredibly funny. And she was in a general good mood because- well, it was obvious. "How's- how's everything?"

"Actually, there aren't many casualties at all. Injuries, yes, but not many dead at all- of course, NO people dead would be better..." He trailed off for a second, looking at his girlfriend, who was absently pulling on his tie. "But the public loves us now."

"Public as in the band?"

"Sweetheart, why don't you go to sleep?" The King wasn't even exasperated as he looked down to Sanya, smile playing about his lips.

Lilith mockingly mouthed 'sWeEtHeArT' to him, which he ignored as much as Sanya ignored his request for her to sleep.

"Well, go on. How does the public love you now?"

"First off, people love an engagement- especially a Royal one, and congratulations-" Lilith blushed as her eyes caught the diamond ring on her finger, despite her feeling incredibly ill "then Lucy's heartfelt words and Susan's honest but gentle ones."

"And yours." The Chef told him fairly. "Some of the backstage people were crying."

"Don't be absurd." He replied, though he looked pleased. "Add that to an attack on our lives right after, and we're all martyrs worthy of sympathy and adoration."

"Well, that's- that's great! Maybe things are fin-"

"Don't say that!" He stopped her, reaching across his girlfriend to touch the Chef's shoulder. "You'll jinx it!"

"That's like us in school." Sanya told him, under the impression she was giving them vital information. "We would never ask if a teacher was coming if they had already been late, because they ALWAYS used to show up sot noon after- wait, no, not oon nafter-"

"You deal with her." Lilith rolled her eyes, getting up. "Do NOT let her show you her hand, you'll throw up. I'll go to- are your sisters with Peter?"

Edmund nodded and she did too, and walked out of the private hospital chambers' doors.

"I'm glad you didn't have to be crocheted again." Sanya told him a second later, seemingly rational for a second but her words made no sense.

"Crocheted...?"

She leaned over and poked his stomach with her good hand. "Pointy things hurt you there."