Even a Rebellion Doesn't Stop Friendly Teasing

"Oh, fuck." Lilith opened her eyes to sun streaming through curtains. Curtains in a room belonging to- "Peter?" She spoke, seeing the blond stir slightly. She dared to peak under the covers and both herself and the King beside her.

"Oh FUCK." She muttered once more, her eyes scanning the room for their clothes that had apparently vanished.

"What about fuck?" Her boyfriend grumbled near incoherently, only just managing to wake up.

She decided that 'apparently we did' wouldn't be the best response. Besides, it shouldn't matter much- they WERE dating.

"Nothing. I'm late. Very late." She added, glancing at the clock to see it was 9am before spotting her clothes and near diving out of the bed, pulling them on.

"Just have a day off." The King complained, seemingly more begrudged about her leaving to work than she, herself, was.

"I couldn't do that to Louis so last minute. Plus, you have Magnificent kingly things to do." She reminded him, now clothed and standing over him, hands on her hips.

"You speak as if we're at war." He replied groggily, sarcastically as he looked up at her.

Her hair was as red as-as-the reddest apples at the market, was all his semi-conscious brain could decide.

Lilith's frown turned into an amused smile as she bent down and brushed her lips to his, "Now, go sort your country out. I've lunch to start preparing."

"I'll swap with you?" He offered, catching her hand hopefully as she turned to leave.

"Not a chance in hell." She near snorted before tugging her and away and leaving.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You're late up." Susan spoke pointedly as her elder brother finally joined them in the drawing room.

"I haven't had a good sleep in a year. Leave me be, Su."

"Linsey said she heard Lilith was late to the kitchens, too." Lucy spoke from by the fireplace.

The High King silently cursed his sister's lady in waiting. He decided to ignore both Lucy's words and Susan's clearly-caught-on look.

"I saw Adamson on the way down." He spoke, pleased as his brother's head snapped up from his desk.

"And?"

"They got him." Peter replied happily, dropping into an armchair.

"Miraz?" Lucy spoke, her eyes wide.

"The one and only. They found the Mayor, too."

Content as his sisters' beaming smiles, he turned to his brother, who seemed to still be processing it all.

"Just like that? He was in the mines?"

"You were right, Ed." The blond admitted. "As usual."

The brunet nodded through a smirk, "I know. I've news, too."

"More of good?" Susan asked hopefully, near ecstatic as her brother continued nodding.

"They're doubling Jadis' sentence. For misleading the Monarchy and Police."

"Can they do that?" Lucy asked, confused, yet the younger of her brothers shrugged.

"Apparently. Who cares? Her sentence is now 152 years! She'll be in for life."

"That's great, Ed." Peter spoke, noticing a smile on his brother's face, its size all too rare.

"Where's Miraz now?" Susan queried once their euphoria had settled.