Technical Difficulties?

"Thank you, Your Majesty." HOW to twist the King's words into something poisonous which would hurt that twit Sanya, was Lisa's main thought right then but she had to keep interviewing. "Now, onto the beautiful Queen Susan. Our question for you is from a child."

Susan was perturbed but showed nothing. "Oh, that is sweet. Do continue."

"Technically speaking, it's someone's response question to what a child wrote about you." And then, fashioning her voice into a baby-ish, high pitched one which made Sanya was to strangle her with the microphone wire, Lisa read, "Queen Susan is sooo pretty and has such shiny eyes. She always looks so beautiful on TV, even if she doesn't talk much. When I grow up, I want to be just like her, and especially as good looking as her."

Oh, but Susan hoped the child had learnt their lesson by now.

"The question, Your Majesty, was that everyone is quite assured of your looks. Is there anything else you have? As in-" Sensing she was about to be royally throttled, the interviewer elaborated, "what are your interests? You've been the most aloof of all the Monarchs, despite being the most media-active, as we've seen you on Magazine covers and TV interviews. What are the brains behind the beauty?"

Lucy felt quite disgusted and sick. There had been a time she herself had been jealous of her sister's legendary beauty but- to imply that there was absolutely nothing else to her! What utter nonsense and complete lies. How vile.

She was starting to agree with Edmund, after all.

"I'm flattered you think me beautiful." Susan replied, her voice steady- steady to the point it unsettled her siblings slightly.

"Truly flattered. But as with anyone, what meets the eye is nothing but a thin shell. I think I speak for many when I say, whether it be good or bad, casting judgement one someone by appearance alone is nothing but foolish. I am Queen of England, and would be whether I looked as I do, or different. Not only Queen, but I am an individual. With morals and intentions, dreams and fears." It was there her tone softened slightly as she looked to one of the cameras, rather than the interviewer.

"To the dear child who said what they did, thank you. It was ever so sweet. Yet the way my eyes shine aren't because I, so you put it, am beautiful. They seem shiny because I love those around me. My eyes seem to shine for the beauty that I search for in the world- not in myself. And dear one, I may seem quiet on television, but I speak when it is important, and even more at home if it's to annoy my brother's and sisters."

The Queen didn't know it, and never would, but as the crowd laughed and her siblings smiled, a small, Pajama-clad girl looked up to her Mother's TV as the Queen addressed her, her eyes as shining as the woman who spoke.

"That's all I have to say on the matter." Susan summarised, looking back to a highly disgruntled Lisa.

"Very well. And last, but clearly not least, High King Peter. The final, individual question is for yourself, if I may ask it, Your Majesty."

"I've no reason to refuse."

"It has been impossible to not know of the news of yourself and the Palace's Head Chef's relationship-"

"Lilith."

"Pardon, Your Majesty?"

"I didn't recall you being in a habit of referring to a person by simply their job title. Unless you were trying to make a point by doing so, that is?"

"I- If I may finish the question, Your Majesty." The interviewer replied, rather affronted. Lord, she ought to get paid more.

"Hm."