News of A Truly Magnificent Affair

"Oh- it's not far from the British Museum." Peter observed hours later as he drove, following his sister-in-law's directions. "We opened an exhibit there a few years back."

"Which one?" She asked, only half listening, most of her attention on the familiar streets around her- how often would she get to visit this area once she was married?

"You're best asking Ed- he's more the museum type- I just did as I were told, it was him who vanished to look for- left, here?"

"What- Oh, no, right."

"Shit."

"It's not bad." Was the High King's second observation as they journeyed to her apartment, looking around as he climbed the stairs, a bag in each hand.

"It's not. You travel light." Was her own observation, glancing at the bags before drawing out her keys.

"I don't need much. Unlike Su, who took half the Palace to Telmar- I'm pretty sure her en-suite's sink's gone."

Sanya snorted slightly, "She's allowed to, she's Queen. Well- here's your accommodation, Your Majesty."

"It's nice." The blond spoke genuinely, looking around as she stepped aside, allowing him to enter.

"It's not much, but it's home." Cliché, but true.

"You could do with a bigger bookcase though-"

"Really? I never noticed."

Oh, she'd noticed.

"Anyways, Kitchen's just through there, bedroom's there, bathroom's there- and that about it."

"It's a comfort to know I won't get lost." He joked, placing his bags in a corner. "Do you want me to drop you back? I know where I'm going now. Hopefully she'll be able to hold the contents of her bladder for the way back, too." He spoke, glancing to Rheia who'd followed them up to the apartment obediently and was now sniffing around.

"No, it's fine. I might take the train- for old time's sake." She decided, throwing some bits and bobs she wanted to take back with her into a bag.

"What about Rheia?"

"They allow dogs on."

"Do they?"

She rolled her eyes, "Of course they do. Oh- and there won't be much food in- nothing fresh anyway, but there's a shop just around the corner."

"Thanks. I'm sure I'll survive."

"With no staff?"

"I can cook, now." He offered, seeing her to the door.

"I suppose. But do you know what a washing machine is?"

"A what?"

"You're joking, right?"

"I- of course I'm joking!" He replied, half scandalised.

"Oh. Well, I suppose it's best you take these." She spoke, striding over to him and handing over the keys.

He took them with a small smile before looming back to her. "Sanya- thank you. For this. You really didn't have to."

She shrugged, "Just don't break anything."

"I'll try not to." He replied with a small laugh, "But truly, you didn't have to."

"I wanted to." She replied honestly. "It's not like you haven't been accommodating to me the past few months."

"That's what family does." He replied as if it were obvious and, seeing the soft smile that'd formed on her lips, he stepped forward and brought her into an embrace.