12.

Kylie ~

This son of a bitch was not playing........

I remembered when Carter said that he would train me on a Tuesday morning.......I ain't ever know he meant this early.

It was now seven thirty, I was supposed to be in the gym a half an hour ago, but because it takes me time to reprogram myself.........to be familiar with my surroundings as in the morning I act like I'm lost, I'm late- and that also means Carter will be on my ass hard.

I came in with a matching black cycling nike shorts and a mid way cropped top. I had my hair tied in a ponytail (I don't know how these gym gurus do it with all their hair down and make up without one patch of sweat) and a water bottle.

'Your late!' Was the first thing Carter said to me

'Well I'm here now' I rolled my eyes 'the gym isn't running away'

'Get on the floor and give me twenty!' He said seriously as I looked at him weirdly

'Excuse me?' I put my hand on my hip 'Don't treat me like I'm a fucking soldier, I just wanna tone up, I ain't training for no mafia crew'

'I meant what I said and I said what I meant!' He said sternly 'drop and give me twenty!'

Fuck this I'm out!

I know for a fact that when you start your work outs, you do a little cardio.......a little warm up. Not train my damn body as if I'm joining the army.

'Right, bye then.......' before I could make a swift turn to the exit, I found myself chest to chest with him as he gripped my arm

I told you he would be on my ass real hard.

'You fucking told me you wanted me to train you right?........I was waiting for you in the gym for thirty fucking minutes and because you decided to come late, you disobey my instructions' he sounded pretty angry 'I'm going to let you off this one time, but arrive late again, you will be doing twenty and I'll double it if you don't fucking watch that smart ass mouth of yours'

•••

I've never felt so much pain in my life!

I just came out the shower after I finally managed to walk myself to the bathroom. I laid on my bed with just my robe on as I was literally just done with today.

Carter out running some errands- he would be back shortly.

My phone started to ring by the charger as I slithered myself across the large bed all the way to nightstand where my phone was being charged.

It was my girl Terry 'GIRLLLLL I'VE MISSED YOU! HOW YOU BEEN DOING!' She shouted in the phone as I held my phone away from my ear

This girl ain't even on speaker phone and she that loud!

'Girllll I've missed you too!' I replied with the same energy

'That's good that's good.........but why do you sound so out of the breath all of a sudden?' She asked

'Yo T I just did an intense workout and my whole body is numb' I explained to her 'I'm literally spread out on my bed'

'Awh poor Ky Ky' Terry cooed over the phone

'I'll be aight though.........'

'So you coming along with your dreams?' She asked

'It's good its good' I told her 'I'm currently working as an assistant at a law firm-'

'Ohhh my girl is slowly paving her way to the top' Terry seemed proud of me

'How about you?- how's the teaching going?'

'I wanna teach at high school man- I can't deal with those little brats, always wanting something........' I laughed at Terry's frustration working with kindergarten children 'talking about teaching- we're going on holiday next week and I ain't seen you since thanksgiving, is it cool if I come visit my Bestfriend for the week?'

This been my homegirl since college days, like all the other girls I've been friends with ain't had the sort of trust I have with Terry.

Since we branched of to different careers and locations, we make it our priority to visit each other whenever we can. I completely forgot about her, not going to lie since Carter introduced me to a whole different life.

I wouldn't usually have to think about this since it was an automatic yes, but because I am now living with Carter, I'm not sure if it's appropriate to bring somebody he doesn't know to his home..........oh what the fuck, I didn't wanna live with this man anyways!

'Girl you know the drill- but one thing' I swallowed harshly 'I'm not living in my old home- I live with my boyfriend'

I had to say that or if I ended up telling her the truth- her ass would've called up the crew back home.

'A boyfriend and girl you're not the type to move in with a boyfriend just like that' Terry read me like a book

'I know but I've established this love I ain't ever established with no other man' I lied

'So how comes you ain't ever told me about-'

'Carter- his name is Carter' I told her 'I didn't want to tell you as I wasn't ready to'

'He got a job?' She asked

'Mhm.....' I nodded

'At least because you deal with too many broke dudes'

'No I don't' I jerked my head back at he false accusations

'Oh really, do you want me to go over the amount of times broke ass niggas tried to enter your heart?'

Just a filler chapter.