21.

Kylie ~

A week has gone, Terry's back in New York teaching again. I would have never thought she would be the type to be doing long distance relationship since she met that darkskin dude (Ty) two days before leaving for her flight. If this relationship goes well (which I hope it does), she'll be seeing me more often then!

Back today as Carter's client Issabella is able to come in today for her meeting and I wished to god she still stayed in the hospital, resting peacefully. Guiding her to the room as she was accompanied by a social worker, I could see through the cuts and bruises the girl had all about her body- even though she was clearly clothed, wobbling one her jelly legs as the crutches were her only sort of balance.........was a broken girl. She had no emotion on her face, I was even scared at the point if Issabella knew who she was, where she was and why.

Opening the door to a very focused Carter as his eyes scanned the 16 year old carefully. It was like she wanted to leave for some reason, I don't know why- Carter is not dangerous..........but then she was surrounded by men most of her childhood that attacked her physically, emotionally, mentally and spiritually.

'HE'S GOING TO ATTACK ME!' Issabella shouted out as she tried to turn around

'No he's not Issabella, he's a kind man' I tried to persuade her

'How do you know?' She questioned 'this is a set up-y'all setting me up I can get kidnapped and raped again!' Her eyes started to well up

They fucked her mind up badly!

She pushed passed both of us as she wobbled of into the hallway. I didn't know where she was going because she didn't know this place and she could hurt herself any further as well.

'ISSABELLA!' I shouted her name as I ran after her

'Leave me alone!' Her lips quivered

'Why are you afraid?' I asked her

'That man can Rape me......' she said frightfully

'No he won't, and I know he won't' I reassured her 'that man, Carter he wants to help you with your case and give you all the justice you need. I know Carter very well and he's the far opposite of attacking anyone. He's the most kindest man ever met- he'll never hurt you, trust me'

I gave her a light smile and all she did was wrap herself around my figure as she cried hysterically. All this pain that she had since she was nine, she let's it all out. It's really sad at the age of nine now sixteen, all your childhood was being robbed because of sick evil men on this earth that couldn't keep themselves away from a miner.

'Do you want to take this interview today, or you'll come back another day?' I asked her

'I don't want to do it at all, I don't want to go court- I just want to be alone' she confessed as she sniffled through her cries

'What are you gonna do then?' I asked

'Well.........this is the only time I'll get to speak my truth so I might as well.......'

•••

'Don't know what's going to happen to your client' I randomly said

'Me too' he agreed as he was going over some files 'I still need to find the other men that was involved in Issabella's life- I can't have them lurking out in the city like that' he said

'How many more do you need to find?' I asked

'Two more' he said

'You know when it's time to testify in court, you need to have those men in handcuffs or something of the sort because she had a massive panic attack of seeing you' I said 'she's lost every single part of trust in any men'

'We might have to do the court separately then for her own good' he suggested

'You could do that, but Carter she can't be near men at a certain feet or she'll get the idea that the men around are trying to attack her'

'I feel like it's best that you should be by her side at all cost' he said

'But she has her social worker' I said

'Your close to her age Ky' he looked me dead straight at my face

'So I'm gonna act like a bodyguard to her then?' I tilted my head

'Well yeah- but no........you're there so she can have someone to talk to and protect her' I nodded my head slowly

'So have you found out any new information on this recent case?' I asked, getting up from my chair to throw paper in the bin 'like have you found out what happened to her biological parents-'

'Have you managed to call her foster parents to reschedule a meeting?' He asked cutting me off

'They either don't pick up the phone or they say they can't make it' I said

'Well.........' he took a long pause as he ran his fingers in his hair 'they better show up for court because if they don't, I'm going straight to their house unexpected- I'm convinced they are hiding something'