Chp 22-Safe And Sound

Taking in a deep gulp of breath Aria jolted up. She didn’t know where she was or what had happened...the last thing that she could remember was the sharp burning sensation in her chest, then Cass had come there. Something had definitely happened after that but she couldn’t remember it, not in the wake of what she now knew.

“Amy,” she called out.

“Aria, oh thank god you woke up!” Amy said quickly rushing to her sister’s side.

The minute Amy was within arm’s reach Aria pulled her into a bear hug.

“Oh honey, it’s alright. I’m right here.” Amy said trying to calm her down as Aria continued to clutch onto her.

This wasn’t the-‘I just woke up from an angel induced sleep hug’ it was more like the-‘my life depends on you and I’m shit scared’ kind of hug.

Suddenly Amy felt a warm sensation against her shirt. She looked down to see Aria silently crying in her arms.

“Aria? Baby? Sweetheart, don’t cry. I’m right here; you’re safe now.” Amy said trying to pacify her for once. Aria just hugged her tighter and continued her silent sobs. Whatever Cass had done to Aria, seemed to have shook her up bad.

Amy couldn’t remember the last time she had seen Aria so scared.

“Is she up yet?” Dean called out as he came running up the stairs.

He was surprised to see Aria completely huddled into her sister. Amy looked at him with deep worry in her eyes.

“About time you got up huh? Think we have time for this, got an Apocalypse to stop girl,” he tried to kid with her, but you could hear the concern in his voice. However she didn’t utter a word; just dug her head deeper into Amy’s embrace.

Dean was shocked to see Aria behaving like this. He really wanted to know what had happened while she had been unconscious.

“Hey Aria, what happened while you were unconscious? Cass said he wanted you to remember something. Did you?” Dean asked trying to make sense of the situation.

Aria who was buried inside Amy’s cardigan shivered when she heard Cass’s name. Amy gave Dean a stern look and mouthed a very prominent ‘SHUT UP’.

‘WHY?’ Dean mouthed back. He couldn’t see that Aria was crying as she was half buried inside Amy.

‘SHE’S CRYING DEAN!’

Holy shit! This wasn’t good at all. Why was everything around him falling apart? Sam was already in deep shit and now even Aria was a mess.

Suddenly he realised that Amy was humming a tune to Aria. ‘Really, Amy wants to sing right now?’ he thought, but then he saw the immediate calm that song brought over Aria.

Amy was swaying her slightly in her arms as she continued humming. Then in a very tiny voice she half whispered half sang the song to Aria.

‘Don’t you dare look out your window darling everything’s on fire.

The war outside our door keeps raging on.

Hold on to this lullaby; even when music’s gone, gone.

Just close your eyes the sun is going down.

You’ll be alright no one can hurt you now.

Come morning light; you and I’ll be safe and sound.’

Amy had been so soft that if Dean hadn’t put his ear to it he would have missed this silent song.