Chapter 14

Warning: May contain triggering themes. (I don't usually put a warning in my chaps cause i put it in the first ever chapter but i felt the need to) 

-

Taehyung doesn't like the way the sports uniform looks on him. Much like the school uniform, it is too big on him, drowning his small body with layers of oversized fabric. He turns away from the mirror with a frown and walks back into the bedroom. He is met with the sight of his roommate, dressed in similar attire. But why does it look so much better on him? 

The sports t-shirt slightly clings onto Jungkook's body, showing off his toned muscles and highlighting his light tan. Taehyung looks down at himself and then back at Jungkook, who doesn't even seem to notice the boy's presence. The blue-haired boy silently grumbles, feeling annoyed at his tiny body. Jungkook's mere presence makes him feel unmasculine. 

Taehyung startles when those dark charcoal irises meet his, realising that he was just blatantly staring at his roommate. The smaller boy turns away immediately, trying to hide his embarrassed blush. 

Things haven't been so smooth sailing with the pair. In fact, ever since that whole confrontation with Jungkook and the boy declaring that he isn't gay, the two roommates have barely spoken a word to each other. The awkward tension that rests in the room is so tense that it can be cut open by a knife. The only form of any possible communication they both have is the plate of food that Taehyung leaves near Jungkook's bed every morning. 

This act of kindness doesn't fail to confuse the ravenette, who wonders why Taehyung still makes him breakfast when he's been nothing but rude to him. Taehyung, being the kind-hearted boy he is, deems that breakfast is too important to not eat and some tension should never get in the way of food. 

Taehyung pulls on his running shoes, cringing at the empty space he feels inside the shoe. Not only are his clothes big, but so are his shoes. He shrugs away his frustrations and picks up his sports bag, carrying the large bag towards the door as a pair of black beady eyes watches his small figure walk away. 

Taehyung opens the door, feeling utterly unprepared for today. 

Kim Taehyung is not an athlete. So today, athletics day, is bound to be hell. 

~

"GET INTO YOUR GRADES," a loud booming voice shouts, startling the talkative students.

Taehyung rushes into the crowd of seniors, feeling utterly small compared to the beast sized boys standing next to him. 

"Okay boys," a loud voice calls out, grabbing everyone's attention. "Your year group coordinator will assign you to a partner, after you have found your partner, please head over to the showground where the events will soon commence." 

Taehyung crosses his fingers, hoping with all his might that he gets someone nice.

"Park Bogum and Hwang Kai, Justin Pupils and Min Chan, Park Jimin and Jeon Jungkook."

Taehyung lets out a breath of relief, thankful that he isn't Jungkook's partner. He doesn't know what he would do if he had to play any sort of sport with that boy. 

However, Taehyung's relief is only short-lived. 

"Kim Taehyung and Min Yoongi."

Min Yoongi?! You mean the boy who absolutely hates Taehyung's entire existence merely due to the fact that he is gay. HE'S Taehyung's partner?!

Taehyung instantly tries to run upon hearing the name of his partner. His thought process was bordering between fight or flight but he took one look at his petit body and decided flight. He tries to run past the massive crowd, excusing himself as he pushes past large bodies but the task is somewhat difficult. Most of the boys don't even realise the tiny body trying to push past them so Taehyung struggles to make his way out of the crowd.