Chapter 15

The next few days were like a storm, filled with destruction. However, unlike a storm, it wasn't the weak-rooted trees or old houses getting destroyed. In this storm, only a small blue-haired boy seemed to face its destructive impacts. I guess the storm itself wasn't your ordinary rain and thunder either. No, this storm took form in a blond-haired boy named Min Yoongi along with his fellow 'side-kicks'. Every time Taehyung walked near the presence of Yoongi and his goons he would get tormented.

The morning after athletics day, Taehyung walked to his locker and opened it, only to find all his books ripped to shreds and a single note saying, "hope you die, fag."

Taehyung managed the situation quite well, he cleaned out the messy locker, threw away the hate-filled note and went to the bookstore and bought new books. He tried not to grimace over the thought of all the notes he lost and attempted to continue on with his day as normally as he could. He knew that giving any reaction to the bullying would only tempt them to act even more vicious towards him.

The day after, those boys decided to pull another petty little prank on poor Taehyung. As Taehyung sat at his lunch table, chatting away with his friends, Yoongi marched up to him with a narcissistic smirk and poured a whole cup of yogurt on him. Taehyung sat there in shock while Jimin started raging. The other boys tried to calm Jimin down because the blond was ready to throw hands at the older boy. Taehyung, despite having a cup of strawberry yogurt running down his face, smiled at the blond's action, grateful that he has friends that are willing to stand up for him.

On Thursday, Taehyung was doing his bible studies assignment in the library when the group of boy's came up and started messing with him. Taehyung tried his best to ignore them and continued with his work but this seemed to have aggravated the boys because before Taehyung could even process, his computer was snatched out of his hands and his work was deleted. Taehyung sat there feeling absolutely distraught. He was speechless, he had spent 3 hours of his free time working on that assignment since his partner, Jungkook, wasn't exactly helping with the project but now all his hard work was gone. Poof, just like that. The blue-head took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down. He decided that instead of making a scene he would just leave. His heart was heavy but what was he supposed to do, cry in front of everyone and be named the sensitive gay boy?

Finally, Friday rolls around. This week has been rough for Taehyung and he really needed rest from everything. He hopes that today would be a better day.

But of course, luck has never been acquainted with Kim Taehyung. 

Taehyung wakes up to the sound of ringing but for once it isn't his obnoxious alarm waking him up. It's the sound of his ringtone.

His parents are calling.

Taehyung gulps as he rubs the sleep out of his eyes. For the first time since he entered this godforsaken school, his parents are calling him.

"Hello," he answers after clearing his throat.

"Taehyung," his father's gruff voice greets him. The man sounds awfully formal for someone having a conversation with his son, almost business-like. But then again, when hasn't he sounded so business-like. Taehyung and his dad have always had more of a boss and employee relationship rather than a father-son one. "How're things going in school?"

Taehyung almost gasps in surprise. Did his father just ask him how things at school are? Is this a dream? Is Taehyung really still sleeping and imagining all this. The boy pinches his arm, flinching at the pain but eyes widening at the realisation. He isn't dreaming. This is real. His father really did ask him how school was.

A small smile flicks onto the boy's pink lips as a trickle of hope sparks within him. Maybe they missed him. Maybe they really do care.

"Thing's have been a little rough but all and all everything is pretty good." The boy says, happily clutching onto his phone. "How's everything at hom-"