Chapter 16

"H-hey, stop!"

-
Two pairs of eyes shoot up to stare at him.
One shows fury, a pool of rage hot rage in his soulless irises.
The other is filled with tears, fear and a glint of hope. Those fearful eyes watch as the small boy hesitantly walks up to the pair, his whole body glowing under the luminescent lights shining above them. Almost like an angel.

Taehyung stares worriedly at the scene, a dark pit of emotions settling in his gut.
He takes a deep breath and looks up at his oh-so-familiar bully.
"Let him go," Taehyung states, fisting his hands to stabilise his hoarding nerves.

The blond-haired boy seethes, his pearly white teeth clashing together harshly as he grits them in irritation. "Get lost, fag," he spits out viciously, his tone akin to the poison in venom.

"N-no, you're hurting him," Taehyung says while pointing to the beaten up boy.

Yoongi glares harder at him. "You don't know what he fucking did so get lost, it's got nothing to do with you."

Taehyung looks down at the other male and notices him looking away, losing hope. Taehyung knows that feeling. 

The feeling of having no one to save you. The feeling of being alone. 

All the feelings that Taehyung is accustomed to. 

"No," the blue-head shakes his head firmly, pushing aside his fear and continuing to talk. "I-it doesn't matter what he did. Y-you shouldn't hurt him like this."

Yoongi is silent. He stares at the boy in front of him with no emotion what so ever. Then he simply follows the prolonged silence with a cruel laugh. There's nothing joyful in the humourless chuckle except for the sinister mirth it carries. 

"Okay," he says while letting the other boy go. The brown-haired male scurries away, holding onto his battered rib cage and not once glancing back at the two boys. 

Now Yoongi and Taehyung stand face to face. Yoongi stares at the other with a blood-chilling smile while the smaller cowers away in fear. 

"U-uh, I'll get going then," Taehyung states as he starts to shuffle off. His actions are halted by an iron-like grip clutching onto his arm. 

"Where do you think you're going?" His voice is almost pleasant, almost soothing.

 But a lion never roars before he attacks. 

He simply smirks before harshly pulling the boy by his thin arm. 

Taehyung gasps as he trips and falls onto the cold tiled floor. Thud. 

He wants to groan over the pain but he can barely open his mouth before Yoongi throws a violent punch onto his stomach. 

"Since you didn't want me hurting him, I assume you were offering yourself as his replacement."

Taehyung shakes his head frantically but it's to no avail. The boy starts harshly kicking him, plunging his steel hard shoes into the tiny body in front of him. 

Taehyung struggles to get up, to get away. He thrashes around but this only seems to only rile his tormentor even further. 

Yoongi leans down and crashes his knuckles onto the delicate skin of Taehyung's face. The small boy winces in pain as his lip splits open and his pale skin blemishes with scarlet blood. 

"You shouldn't have stopped me, fag, cause now you're going to get it." 

"Pl-please," Taehyung tries begging. His doe eyes glisten as he stares desperately into the eyes of the other. A silent message begging for mercy. The lion's meal begging to be set free.