Sunflower

June 21, 2018

The smell of him brought back memories of the night before and it hurt me inside as I hugged my boyfriend, smelling Zach's cologne, so much lighter than his, because I wasn't completely invested in this reunion. He ran a hand through my hair and kissed me and I hated myself for not feeling a single thing as he did.

"Babe, it's so good to see you. You look beautiful as always." He brought his other arm from around his back and presented me with a bouquet of yellow roses.

"I got you your favorite." He beamed down at me and I felt sick in my stomach and slightly annoyed at the same time.

"Thank you, that was very sweet of you." I felt eyes on me as I went to set the flowers down next to my things in the dressing room and had really been doing my best to ignore his gaze all day but now...I snuck a glance and there he was, green eyes watching my every move through the reflection of the mirror. I quickly darted my eyes back to the ground, pretending like I hadn't seen him staring at me.

"So this is Mr. Harry Styles then?" Oh no. Zach walked towards where Harry was sitting, getting his hair done and offered up his hand for Harry to shake. He looked over at my boyfriend's hand and reluctantly shook it firmly. 

"Zach right? Nice to meet you." He said flatly and I could feel my stomach forming into knots.

"Thanks for helping my Rue out and agreeing to do this article. I can't say I like her following some rockstar around the country but whatever it takes am I right?" I grimaced at his attempt at making a joke, especially since Harry knew how Zach really felt about my job, and Harry just smiled, not reaching his eyes, and turned his attention back to his phone.

"Of course. Enjoy the show." He said as he flicked through Twitter clearly done speaking to Zach. Zach glanced over at me and I just shrugged, trying to pretend like I had no idea what was going on with him. Lou kept glancing between Harry and I and doing her very best not to say a word at how awkward this situation felt. 

I decided to drag Zach out of the dressing room and take him to the VIP area since the concert would be starting in about 45 minutes. I led him down the hallways as we chatted about random things that I was not fully invested in. When I was about to lead him out into the arena he pulled my hand which made me whip back to him.

"What's going on with you? You're not here." I took a step back from him and crossed my arms over my chest.

"Maybe I'm acting like this because the last time I talked to you, you were being an asshole." His dark brown eyes lasered in on me and I waited for him to begin his shouting match with me but, to my surprise, it didn't come.

"I'm not doing this now. We can talk later." He said and waited for me to pick my jaw up off of the floor before turning around and leading him out to the VIP section. Once I was satisfied that he'd found a spot to sit, I turned and left heading back to the dressing room to grab my recorder and notepad.

When I entered the room, it was empty and I released a sigh of relief. I wasn't sure if I could handle more glares from Harry. I opened my bag and pulled the notepad out but I was having a hard time locating the recorder. I heard the bathroom door squeak open and there was Harry standing in a pair of white floral bell bottoms and a black button up shirt.