Let Me In

July 1, 2018

"So...we have to talk about 'Medicine'."

"Ooo, let's." I rolled my eyes as the gorgeous and freshly showered boy in front of me laid back on the couch with his hands behind his head, lifting his white shirt up slightly for me to see the laurel leaves by his hips. His pink lips were lifted up into a coy smile and his chocolate curls were haphazardly pushed off of his forehead as he directed his attention at me. 

I placed the recorder on the floor in front of us as he was now taking up most of the couch with his long body and I picked his sock covered feet up so that I could set them in my lap so that I had more room to write down his answers. He bit his bottom lip to keep from smiling at me as I made myself comfortable.

"So...I know I can't ask you what it is about...," he now had a cheeky grin spreading across his face, dimples poking out, "so I guess I could ask, are you discussing drug use at any point during this song?" He playfully grasped his chin as if in deep thought, pushing his lips out, and then side glanced me, the green in his eyes looking almost translucent in this lighting.

"Yes, the song does discuss drug use." 

"So how many drugs have you done Mr. Styles?" I raised my eyebrows at him but wiggled them playfully which made him let out a husky laugh.

"Wouldn't you like to know..."

"Yes...I would...as well as my readers." He laughed again and shrugged his shoulders.

"MDMA is what I am discussing in this particular song. I won't say whether or not I have done it before but that is what this song is referring to." 

"Mr. Styles, I have here on record that you have said you write your songs from your experiences." I looked down at him from across the couch, trying my best not to smirk at him and hoping to get a reaction out of him.

"You play dirty Miss Kline." His eyes were sparkling as he continued to smirk at me, making me laugh. 

"A good journalist always does." I winked at him and decided he'd had enough of my prying. I was looking at my other questions when his voice brought my attention back to him.

"Aren't you going to ask the age old question of whether I am referring to being bisexual in this song?" I lifted my eyebrows at him and the tone in his voice, surprised he'd even brought it up. I pursed my lips together and didn't miss the fact that he was watching my every move, my every reaction, this was his favorite pass time apparently. 

"No. I couldn't give a rat's ass about your sexuality Mr. Styles." This made him raise his eyebrows at me, pure surprise in his eyes as he sat up and pulled my notepad off of my lap, along with his feet. 

"Is that so?" He breathed into my ear and I felt a shiver run down my spine. Oh...he's good. I cleared my throat and grabbed my notepad back from him and looked down at my list of questions again, doing my best to ignore his close proximity as well as the fact that his fingers were now pushing my long wavy hair back behind my shoulder. 

"Um...Why do you think it's worth making vinyl records in a day and age of streaming services?" I forced out as he placed a soft kiss right below my ear. Oh sweet Jesus.