Extra: Tongue Tied

Harry's POV

June 5, 2018

The sound of the door clicking shut was all I had needed to let the tears that had been building up finally fall from my eyes. 

Yes, I was a crier. I was especially prone to crying when I was angry...but more so when I was hurt. 

Right now, I was both. 

That journalist, I knew she'd be the end of me. I knew it and I was so mad at myself for thinking otherwise.

Rue. 

She could see right through me. She could see all of the things I deliberately hid from the world and she had no problem throwing it in my face. Her words were like hot knives burning into my chest. 

You're afraid they're right and keep doing what you're doing Harry...and they'll be right...

Who did she think she was? Rue Kline wasn't my friend...she wasn't even my acquaintance...she was a journalist here to do a job and here she was telling me off? 

I scoffed at how entirely insane this whole situation was. 

Camille was gone. Becca, the woman I'd slept with, was long gone and Rue...well, she'd be gone soon enough too. 

Wiping at the tears that still leaked from my eyes, I bent down to pick the note up. I couldn't actually believe that she'd done it in a fucking note. For fucks sake. 

I'm sure TMZ and every other news outlet would have a field day with this. I could see the headlines now.

Harry Styles Cheats on Model Girlfriend. 

Model Girlfriend Breaks up with Womanizing Harry Styles in a Note. 

I cringed at the thought that Rue would expose me like that. She'd said that she wouldn't, that this wasn't what she was here for...but I couldn't be sure, could I? 

I rolled my eyes. She was infuriating. My mind was so wrapped up in Rue that I couldn't tell what was the truth and what was a lie with her. She was so hard to figure out. Her face was one that could best be described as stoic, almost unmoving at times. Her nervous ticks and amber eyes the only things that could really give me insight into what she actually felt but even then, she hid her feelings well. 

I crumpled the note between my hands and walked over to the trashcan and threw it away. Camille had done what she needed to, I couldn't fault her for that. I had been an ass, cheated on her and for what? Did I love Camille? Sure. I mean, I thought so anyways. Did we always see eye to eye on things? No, of course not but she hadn't deserved what I'd done and I prayed that one day she'd forgive me for my sins. 

My stomach was in knots over Camille's words. I'd hurt her. I knew that was a risk when I slept with Becca, of course I'd known the risks...but I had never wanted to intentionally hurt her. Never. 

I was just....lost. I didn't know what I wanted out of life let alone a relationship. 

But hurting her had never been my intent and for that, I felt like a real piece of shit. 

Exhausted of the things running through my head, I decided to change out of my outfit, take a quick shower, and pull on some loungewear for the overnight travel on the bus. I honestly couldn't wait to be rid of this day and its unfortunate series of events. I took my time in the shower, letting the water pound into my body but it did nothing to ease the tension of the situation at hand.