The Calm

July 26, 2020

Warmth radiated down the inside of my forearm every few seconds, leaving goosebumps in its wake. I turned my head and watched as long, lilac painted fingers ran up and down, my body reacting the only way it knew how.

When we had gotten back to the Malibu house, Harry had immediately grabbed me, pulling me down the hallway as the others watched in confusion, Mitch no doubt filling them in as they saw us giggling to each other as we made our way to Harry's bedroom.

As soon as the door had closed we had been on each other. Unspoken words that we'd both kept from each other for so long pouring out of us in sighs and whispers. I don't think either of us had intended to fall into bed together so quickly, Harry even asking if what we were about to do was okay as he was just as startled as I was at the quick turn of events, but I had just nodded and pulled his damp body to mine and kissed him like he was the air I needed to breathe.

Pulling our half soaked clothes off of each other hadn't been an easy task and we found ourselves laughing the entire time. When we finally had rid ourselves of our garments we had been laughing so hard that neither of us had really realized that we were both naked until we came down from our highs and the atmosphere changed almost instantly. He had padded over to me and brushed my drying hair back from my face, and looked at me like no one ever had before. He looked at me like I was life itself and I had hoped I was looking at him the same way. I never wanted anyone to look at me like that besides him for the rest of my life.

The moments that followed were, in my humble opinion, too intense to describe accurately. He was all consuming. There were moments when I forgot my name, what we were doing, and where we were. I was profoundly lost in him and I didn't ever want to be found.

Now, in the afterglow of our love making, the man I was hopelessly in love with was running his delicate fingers along my arm and I never wanted him to stop. I clutched to the sheet that was covering most of my body and smiled as I watched him mindlessly draw along and make his way to my collar bone.

His green eyes were trained on the action and I felt the swarm of butterflies in the pit of my stomach return for the millionth time. He was always going to give me this reaction, I might as well understand and accept that now.

His fingers, that had been gripped on my body earlier as if he were afraid to let me go, were now ghosting up to my lips where he gently traced their outline. His brown curls were frizzed from drying incorrectly and hanging in his face but his jade eyes stood out amongst the darkness as he glanced up into my amber ones. A dimpled grin took form on his beautiful mouth and he pulled himself up to me, leaving a slow and full kiss on my lips.

When he pulled back, I found the strength to pull my hand up and brush his hair back from his forehead and he pressed his cheek into my palm. I looked him over, seeing a couple of small love bites I'd unintentionally left on his shoulder that made my stomach flutter.

"I'm sorry." He whispered and I looked up at him as he lowered his head to my neck, leaving a small kiss.

"For what?"

"For making us wait so long to do that." I felt his warm breath as he half giggled this into my neck and I laughed with him.

"Well....it is mostly my fault but sure if you want to take the blame then by all means." His laugh was deep and raspy and again the butterflies took flight. He laid there like that for a couple of minutes, his head buried into my neck and I just kept brushing my hands through his hair when he finally spoke again.