Four

THE JACK AND HIS LIEGE
🃏
"Off with their heads!"

★♥︎♠︎♣︎♦︎

The Queen of Hearts' true name was Venus Amor. Of course, when she was forced to marry the King of Hearts, she lost the right to a name. Her only job was to bear him a son, and she did.

His dying wish (after Venus poisoned him, of course) was for the throne to be secured. This meant, of course, betrothal for both Valentina and Eros. Eros was betrothed to a girl named Holly white, four years older than him. Valentina was betrothed to a boy her age named Julius.

Venus knew that neither pair was in love. She knew her son liked men. But she did not care. If she could marry somebody she didn't love, then so could they.

On the evening after Candle Day, Venus sat alone in her office. She stood up, brushing off her exquisite gown, and walked toward the window. She peered through the blinds, looking outside. Nobody in sight.

Then she locked the door and turned out the light. She clutched a candle in her hand as she ducked behind a tapestry. A long, cobblestone staircase lead in a downward spiral through a tight area. This passage was almost as old as Wonderland.

When she reached the bottom, Venus knocked on a door three times. After a pause, she knocked again. The door opened itself, revealing a sparkling garden. The only light was from the fireflies and the crystals glowing from the ceiling.

"Venus," A shrill voice greeted. It was Rose, the little girl that Jack had recruited.

"Rose," Venus nodded at her. She turned to see Julius standing nearby. He had blue hair shaved at the sides, with little cat ears peeking out. He was evil, and Venus loved him for it. Isn't there one more? Venus asked herself. The annoying one, the stupid one... ah yes! "Julius, where's the sadistic one?"

"Lucy? They're—," before he could finish, their head poked from the leaves, rouge hair shining. They were hanging from a branch by their legs before they hopped down.

"Luciel, at your service," they gave a mock bow, a smirk painting their face. Venus rolled her eyes. "You are all ready for your assignment, yes?"

Julius crossed his arms. "Yeah, duh." Venus ignored him.

"Where is Jack?" Venus demanded.

"Last I checked, he was in the rose bushes." Lucy answered.

"Ugh..." Venus muttered, wandering off toward where the roses grew. Sure enough, the Wonderland Demon was lying among it's fallen petals.

It was an odd sight, seeing the pitch black, willowy figure, among the bright and beautiful. His long, cracked horns pulled up from his head. His eyes were white scribbles.

"Jack." Venus said, staring down at the creature.

"Venus, are you ready? I think I know just the group to send that Ace off-guard."

Venus nodded.