Seven

DIAMOND SECTOR
💎
"Alice! Alice! Will you kindly pay attention and recite your lesson?"

★♥︎♠︎♣︎♦︎

The Diamond Sector largely differed from the Spade Sector. To put it plainly, many Spades were in poverty. Here in the world of blue, tall and elegant skyscrapers towered over everything, with bridges connecting them. It was like a layered city.

They stood out easily against the crowd. Alice's features drew a few stares. There were a few spots of red or purple or yellow, but white was unheard of. Many were already whispering about the Ace.

Alice found the address Lorina had given her easily. It was where all the apprentices were staying, before they decided their Diamond-Value-Based (DVB) career.

Alice and Mali took the elevator to one of the upper floors, and knocked on the door marked "93." Lorina answered, a grin crossing her face. Her previously brown afro was now a bright teal, paired with blue eyes. Square-shaped glasses framed her eyes, and she wore a navy-colored uniform.

"Lori!"

"Alice!"

The sisters hugged, before Lori's attention shifted to Mali. "Mali! You're here too!"

Alice and Mali stepped inside of Lori's apartment, admiring the crystalline furniture and lavender scent. Finally, Lori turned to them with intrigue.

"Alice, you're the Ace."

Alice nodded sheepishly.

"Why didn't you tell me before?!"

"I was going to! I wanted you to see for yourself in person."

"Dude!"

"You wouldn't have believed me."

"Fair."

Mali stepped in. "I hate to interrupt your bickering, but tell us about your life now, Lori!"

Lorina smiled. As soon as she opened her mouth, Alice knew a ramble was coming on. And so she listened, still intrigued about everything her sister said.

Then, it was Alice and Mali's turn. They told her about their training, their powers (which Mali had not quite mastered yet), their palace, their positions... and Alice made it a point to mention Valentina.

"Dang, you really hate her guts?" Lori made a face.

"It's hard to get her to shut up once she starts talking about her." Mali noted.

"Sounds like you've got a crush." Lori teased. Alice glared.