4. Beach Day

So guess who's decided that homework doesn't matter anymore?

Me. That's who.

So yeah. Enjoy a quick update and appreciate that I'll now have so much more free time when I get put it detention to write even more stories!

Not kidding though, I have a HUGE art project, art study, music composition, chemitry, maths, and SOOOO much spanish homework that I can't even function anymore.

Enjoy the update lol.

I ended up sat on someone's lap in the backseat.

Not great. And apparently Alex didn't agree either, as he grumbled the whole way whilst I sat blushing on the boy I came to know as Zach.

At first I sat on the middle seat, on Dom. His full name was Dominic, but he said that I could call him Daddy.

Alex almost threw him out of the car for that.

So I now sat behind Alex on Zach, who was a lot more polite. He didn't talk to me much, simply including me enough in conversation as to not leave me out completely, but other than that, he didn't try to talk to me, and so I didn't really try to talk to him. I instead stared out of the window and watched the scenery go by. The town I was now living in was adorable, with beautiful scenery and classic, eighties-inspired places as well as grand houses and a modern school, at least from what I had heard. We drove through a short route to get to the beach as quickly as possible.

I almost squealed when I saw the ocean in the distance. We were driving down a slope, and soon enough, we were parked in a carpark right next to the sand. I leapt out as soon as the door opened, running out a few steps, then turning around and grinning at my brother.

"Come on! I wanna go swimming!" He grinned back.

"Go then! You don't have to wait for me, go!" I turned and sprinted towards the sand before he had even finished his sentence. I stumbled as I finally hit the sand, tripping and almost landing on my face. It was the first time ever leaving the city - except for a few times accompanying my parents for business trips.

The golden sand looked almost white in some parts and the sea looked as though it was sparkling blue. Then it hit me.

What did people actually do at the beach?

Spinning around again, I saw my brother and his friends dragging a couple of bags out of the car, laughing and shoving each other roughly. I skipped up to Alex, still tripping on the sand, and reached out to grab a bag from him.

"Here, I can take this, if you would like?" He nodded and dropped the straps into my hands, laughing as I almost dropped it to the ground at the weight of it.

"Come on, don't be pathetic. We'll go and set up then go swimming. Can you still swim?" I nodded, rolling my eyes.

"You can't really forget how to swim, dumbo!" He snorted.

"Dumbo? Really? Still can't swear?"

"Yes, really! Hurry up already! I wanna go swim!" I whined in response, kicking at his shoes.

"Ow! Ow! Okay, let's go!" The rest of the boys followed behind us and I chose where to put all the stuff and set up. I threw down my towel and looked around to see all the boys looking at me.

"...What?" They looked at each other.

"Last one to the water's a fucking looser!" They starting whooping and stripping as they stumbled across the sand. I grinned and followed after them, glad I had taken track too. I threw my dress off over my head and sprinted past them, jumping straight into the water.

It was far colder than I thought it would be, so cold that I almost ran straight back out again if it wasn't for my brother, who thought it would be hilarious to pick me up by my waist and slam-dunk me into the water. I stood up gasping and shivering, thankful that I had worn waterproof makeup today.

"Fucking hell, Love, you look like a racoon!" Oh. I wore it yesterday then. Still shivering, I dipped back under the water and scrubbed at my face and stood back up once I thought I got it all off, wiping the salty water from my eyes. A drop got into my mouth and I grimaced at the taste of it.

"Alex? Is it all off?" He nodded and turned to his friends. I felt a pang of loneliness. They weren't purposfully leaving me out, but it wasn't the same as back in England, where I would naturally fall into routine with my friends. Nobody know me here, and I knew nobody. They were bound to forget about me at some point. Turning away, I began to walk out of the water, glad that the air was warm enough so I wouldn't shiver.

I screamed as someone dragged me back and threw my into the water. I stood up, coughing and spluttering as the boys laughed.

"Fuck, you threw her so far, dude!" I looked up in confusion.

"I want a turn! Dude, get over here!" I stared up in shock as one of the tallest guys there started coming at me - Max. I tried getting away from him, trying to step over the water to reach the sand, but he caught me, laughing at my struggle.

"Hold your breath, Amora." Before I could react, I was once again airborne and sailing through the sky, landing in the water with a big splash. I stood up with a small smile on my face this time, happy that I at least knew what was going to happen.

"Nice try, for someone your age. Now, watch and learn, child." Zach came over, far more relaxed than what he was like in the car. I sqealed and started running again, using my hands to try and pull me forwards. He caught me and chucked me before I even had a chance. I almost chocked on the water from laughing so hard, standing up as fast as I could, not even wiping my eyes before sprinting towards the shore.

"No more! I'm so cold!" It was a lie - I had warmed up now from all the quick movements, but as much as I found it funny and nice to be included, I hated the fact that my height was really shown up when stood next to any of them.

They let me get away this time, although they were still laughing at me looking like a half-drowned cat. I stumbled over the my towel and threw myself on it panting from all the exersize. Almost instantly I began to sweat as I felt the heat, shutting my eyes from the brightness. I could already feel a wave of exhaustion hit me, allowing me to instantly fall into sleep.

Or at least I would have, if my egotistical, annoying, stupid brother hadn't sat on my stomach.

"Oof! Get off me, jerk!" I cried out, shoving at his sides harshly. He laughed as I tried and failed to get him off my middle.

"Get off me, fatso!" He fell so he was laying next to me, still laughing.

"Don't fall asleep in the sun, you idiot. You'll burn" I threw my hands over my head.

"Shut up, you know I don't burn."

"Yeah, but you will in this heat. You'll literally cook from the sand."

"Sure, sure. You're just trying to ruin my fun."

"Aw, poor you. Your big brother always ruing your fun! Aww." I threw my fist out and hit him in the stomach. He grunted and sat up.

"Fine, burn. I don't even care, little-miss-I-don't-burn!" He nudged my shins and I flicked out my foot, watching him jump back before my foot made contact with his ankle.

I turned over and closed my eyes, feeling the sun against my back. This was nice, even if I could no longer sleep in fear of my brother waking me up again. I listened to the boy's shouting and the waves crashing, and all regrets about moving across the ocean melted away.

QOTD: Favourite kind of weather?

MA: I used to absolutely love the rain, literally me and my brother used to run outside to play tag in the rain, or jump on the trampoline we used to have (we had to get rid of it when we moved). Now though, I think it's the sun, especially when it's super hot and sunny and I can sit outside in shorts and a vest and eat as much icecream as I can. It's literally the middle of winter right now and i am SO COLD it's unbelievable!! I literally can't wait for summer :(