25. Hiding

Okay so I know this is really annoying (I'm sorry) but I get a notification every time anyone votes, comments or adds this story to their reading list... I'm so grateful for the amount of attention this story's getting, I really am, but a lot of people are adding to their reading lists and not voting...

We've just reached 100 in Teen Fiction, which is super super exciting, and I need you guys to vote if you like the story!! Cus then it'll get higher up in the tags, which means more people can read and vote too, and more votes=more updates...

If you don't want to vote though that's fine, don't worry about it, just for those who wouldn't mind, especially as I'm literally getting 20 votes for every like, 400 reads... that means only 5% of people are voting... that doesn't make me feel too good about my writing, not going to lie...

Either way, I love you guys and I really appreciate you reading my story!! Thank you so much!!

This part is dedicated to @StormofAphrodite!! Thank you so much for all of your votes and comments!! You're literally the sweetest ❤️❤️

I saw heard the door to my bedroom open, and saw someone's feet step in.

Whoever it waws, they were wearing dirty shoes on my clean carpet.

Yuck.

They came closer to the bed and I almost gasped, managing to put my hand over my mouth before I could. I was hidden behind a pile of blankets underneath the bed, but with every step closer, the stress of Alex finding my grew.

I had been hiding for the past two hours. He knew I was somewhere in the house, so it was only a matter of time before he found me, or that I had to come out, but until then, I was determind to hide from his wrath. He hadn't even had the chance to react before I had disappeared, and I had a feeling that he still wasn't very good at hide and seek.

"Love?" I almost cried in relief.

"Grey!" I whispered. He paused for a second, then crouched down on his knees and bought his face to the floor, where we finally made eye contact. At the sight of me wrapped up in blankets, he smirked.

"You comfortable under there?" I almost rolled my eyes at his sarcasm. It's not my fault that Alex wanted to literally murder me!

Oh my goodness, Alex!

"Grey, you have to hide!" He rose an eyebrow.

"And why's that, baby?"

"Cause Alex is gonna kill us! I told him!" He shifted and lay down, trying to get into a more comfortable position. I couldn't imaging that him leaning down was doing his neck any favours.

"Is that why you're hiding, baby?" I hadn't noticed the first time he had called me the pet name, but this time I did. My face started to burn up, and he noticed, his smirk turning into a grin. Shyly, I nodded, looking down slightly and away from his eyes.

"When did you last speak to him, baby?" I wanted to curl up at the sound of the pet name again, but I was pretty sure he was doing it on purpose at this point. He saw exactly how I was reacting, and yet he kept doing it! How ridiculously unfair!

"Baby?" I blinked slightly, then felt my face turn impossibly red when I remembered the question he had asked literally a second ago.

"Um, like... two hours ago?" He blinked at me, amusement seeming to grow, as well as his concern.

"Are you sure you're okay under there? You're not hungry or anything?" I thought for a second, then shook my head. No food was worth the painful death Alex would be sure to subject me and Greyson to.

"If you're sure... You don't want anything bringing up then?" He asked again. This time I nodded.

"Only if you're super careful though, he might catch you!" He chuckled and nodded, beginning to stand up.

"Sure thing, baby, sure thing,"

"Really! He's super quick! You've gotta be sneaky!" He chuckled again and began to walk away, closing the door gently behind him. Not even a second later, the door was slammed open, and I could recognise Alex's Mario Cart socks - I had sent them as a birthday present a few years ago.

"Love! Are you in here! I just want to talk!" He called out, opening my bathroom door and wardrobe. Thankfully, he didn't even think to look under the bed where I was watching his every move, only sighing before walking back out, leaving the door open behind him.

He knew that would annoy me.

A few minutes ticked by and I could feel the boredom start to creep in. I had my phone with me, sure, but I didn't think to grab and headphones, so the sound had to be off, and I was too stressed to play any of the games I had.

When Grey's feet came into view, I almost squeaked with excitement. He lay down again and slid a plate over to me, where I carefully scanned over everything. He had bought up fruit, sweets, cookies, and even a can of Pepsi!

He grinned when he saw my excitement and I grinned right back at him, taking a bite of cookie before I realised that the door was still wide open and that pretty much anyone could walk past and just see Greyson laying across my floor. Not saying that would be hugely suspicious or anything but...

"Grey! You can't stay there!" He tilted his head to the side.

"Why not, baby?" I wanted to shake him with how stupid he was being - he had a head, why couldn't he use it?

"Because," I dragged out the word. "Anyone could see you! Come on!" I shuffled over and he looked at me, entirely unamused now.

"Greyson, please!" I whispered, stressed. He rolled his eyes but slowly, he managed to wiggle backwards enough until he too was hidden behind the pile of blankets. There surprisingly wasn't as much room as I thought there was initially, or maybe he was just bigger than I remembered, but either way, our shoulder's kept brushing up against each other, and it was only now that I realised that this wasn't the best of ideas.

And then came the blushing and shyness.

He turned his head to look at me, watching as I quickly rolled onto my side and hide behind my arm. He chuckled and grabbed a cookie off of the plate, shoving the whole thing in his mouth and chewing slowly as he turned away. I watched as his jawline became more visible every time he bit down, his shoulders flexing slightly as he held himself up, his hands as he fiddled with the string of a blanket.

Wow. It was getting hot under all of these blankets.

He looked over a me and smirked.

QOTD: How are you guys doing? Like, tell me anything!

MA: I think I'm doing okay right now - I've been trying to keep up with updating my stories recently and I've genuinely been more motivated to do more things. My mental health isn't doing so good, but it's better than before, which is good, so I've been able to cope with that a little bit better.

I've started really getting into my Spanish, and I highly recommend this site called Memrise - it's literally amazing and really works for me, so if you're trying to learn a language, I suggest using it for revision!

I really love the weather right now too, cus it's so sunny and bright, and when I lay on my bed, the sunlight pours through the window directly onto where I'm lying, and the warmth and light just makes me feel so happy!!

My savings have also had a massive boost, so I'm so excited to go on a few shopping trips with friends after quarentine, and I'm going to buy so many cute clothes and shoes, cus my old ones are too small right now, so I really want a new skirt and I'm gonna buy a cute summer dress cus I've never had a summer dress before, and I can't decide whether I want to get Vans for skating, or sandals for the beach, so I've got to make my mind up with that! I also wanna buy new socks, cus I really like socks, which is kinda random but I just think they're really soft and comfy and yeah...

❤️❤️