18. Motorbikes

Okay so I never thought that this story would actually do well?? And that I would actually keep to it? But like, people are voting and adding to their reading lists and reading it and commenting and my heart is like gonna explode!? Every time I get a notification that someone's voted or added to their lists I damn near cry and whenever I see someone literally taking their time to comment?? Oml im literally screaming my parents hate me yall are too sweet I can't... I literally wish I could hug you all...

Not once throughout our late breakfast did it occur to me that we were currently missing school

Not once throughout our late breakfast did it occur to me that we were currently missing school. It wasn't until right at the end, when I saw Jade wander in, and she waved me over. I nudged Kaiden to stand up for a second, as I was sat by the window, and made my way over to her, where she pulled me down into a seat next to her.

"Okay, you have so many things to explain right now!" I looked at her, slightly confused what she was talking about.

"Like what?"

"Like first of all, how the hell do you know those guys?" She exclaimed, motioning over to where they were all sat, talking quietly. I laughed slightly as Alex flicked a packet of salt at Kaiden.

"Alex is my brother, and those are his friends." She sat back and rose a brow.

"I guess I can kind of see it. You guys do look too similar to not be related." She hummed. "So what are you guys doing here?"

"Eating breakfast?"

"I know that, I'm not an idiot. You just don't look the type to skip." She shrugged, fiddling with a napkin.

"Skip what?"

"Classes? I was looking around for you this morning at the usual cafe, and couldn't see you anywhere." I froze.

"Oh my God, I have classes!" I cried, jumping out of my seat.

"Hey, chill, you'll be fine," Jade said, grabbing my arm. "Look, I'm heading back to campus, I only came to drop something off to a friend, I can drive you there."

"No, because all of my things are at home!"

"Don't worry, we can make a quick stop at yours if you want," Jade said, laughing.

"Really?" She nodded and stood up to leave, flicking a strand of green hair over her shoulder. Unlike yesterday, she had curled it into loose waves.

"I'll be a second," I ran over to the table where the boys were sat and grabbed my phone off of the table.

"Woah, where are you going?" Alex asked, seemingly shocked that I was leaving already.

"To class! Where I should've been already!" He relaxed and scoffed, leaning back in his seat.

"Don't worry about it, you can catch up later! None of the teachers give a shit," I scowled at him, annoyed that he cared so little about it. Unlike him, our mom and dad wouldn't support me, and I needed to make something of myself. I mean, I couldn't just live off him all my life!

"Alex! Stop it! I've got to go home really quickly first though to get my stuff, do you have a key?"

"Someone will be in," He said, waving a hand to dismiss me. "Go, or you'll miss your next class too. I'll come and pick you up later." I gave him a small smile of gratitude and turned away, where I saw Jade over by the entrance.

"Thank you!" I said, running off to where Jade was stood, looking amused. She linked her arm through mine, the familiar motion reminding me of my friends in England, and we set off to her car. I felt slightly ill when she led me over to a motorbike though.

"Please tell me that's not yours..." She threw her head back, laughing as she slipped on a helmet.

"Hell yeah it is, and it took forever to save for. Come on, you'll have to get on behind me." I hesitated.

"Look, you're lucky that I bought a second helmet today, here," She moved my hair away from my face and pulled the helmet on, fixing it slightly before turning and getting on the bike. I swallowed my nerves and copied her movements, throwing my leg over the side, blushing as I wrapped my arms around her waist. She kicked back the stand and turned the ignition on, and slowly, we pulled out of the parking lot.

It didn't take her long to speed up, and I was pretty sure we were going massively over the speed limit, but once I opened my eyes, it was hard to hate the feeling of the wind against me whilst watching the whole world melt passed us. I jumped as a car honked at us when we came to close, my laughter lost to the wind as I relaxed. It was difficult to think of anything else as we drove faster and faster, definitely speeding down the road. We got home in about a minute, and I slipped off the bike and yanked the helmet off, before sprinting up the driveway and up the stairs, leaving the door open for Jade to come in.

Luckily, I had my books and folders in a pile for the day already, so I just shoved them in my bag and went to leave, pausing as I caught sight of my hair in the mirror.

Yuck.

I reached for my hairbrush and threw that in my bag too, jealous when I got downstairs and saw Jade stood in the doorway, hair as pretty as ever.

"Ready to go?" I nodded and grabbed the helmet as she held it out to me, yanking it down over my head. She checked it over quickly, giving me a small nod before climbing back on the bike, starting the ignition before I was even safely on behind her. We went flying off and arrived quickly on the campus with two minutes to spare.

"Thank you so much, I really appreciate it, I don't think I would've made it to class if you hadn't dropped me off, Jade. I doubt Alex had any plans on taking me at all!" She laughed and put my helmet in a little box thing on the back of the bag, pulling out her bag instead.

"No worries, and since your brother and the guys won't be here, you wanna find me at lunch? I'll be in the cafe." I grinned at her.

"Definitely. I'll meet you there," She grinned and began walking away, her long legs making up for her lazy pace. I checked my phone, and saw that Alex had snapped me a picture of my penny- board. I sent him a quick reply of me walking and threatened him with absolute death if he didn't bring it home with him. Tucking my phone away, I didn't bother to wait for a reply, and hurriedly made my way to my second class.

QOTD: If you had a superpower, what would it be?

MA: This is too geeky, but totally manipulation of probability. I mean, like what are the chances of me having eight bags of Skittles in my hands right this second? 0%? I think not! Woop, let's make that 100%!! Whats the chances I'll pass my GCSE's with 9's? 98%!! (I mean, I've still gotta do a little bit of work) What's the chances of me getting a puppy? Like 100000000000000%!!!