5. Bonfires

IM STILL PROCRASTINATING MY ART PROJECT OMG ITS LITERALLY DUE TOMORROW IM NO WHERE NEAR FINISHED SOMEONE SEND HELP PLEASE THIS IS AN EMERGANCY!!!

...im gonna fail :( ...

The sun had turned me a whole new shade of tan, with my skin practically glowing golden.

"I swear if I never got that brown?" Alex poked my arm suspiciously. I shrugged.

"Maybe I got more of the Spanish genes." My father was Spanish and looked it, with dark hair, dark eyes and tanned skin. I had my mother's hair and eyes though, and before today, her complexion too. We had always thought that my mothers genes were stronger, but maybe it was because the English weather was awful, but my brother had lived here for years now, and hadn't tanned too badly.

We had driven back to the house after a full day at the beach, and I was starting to feel gross from all the salt in my hair. I couldn't wait for a shower to wash all the grossness off, and to get changed out of my bikini.

"Be quick, and we can go out to eat if you want. I think some of the guys from school were planning on having a bonfire tonight too - we can eat with them." I nodded.

"I'll be ready in ten minutes."

Fifteen minutes later (I couldn't decide what to wear) I stood on the stairs in ripped denim shorts with a cool faded affect, a grey tank top and a blue flannel which I had bought in the men's section so it would actually keep me warm when the evening turned cooler. I had struggled with what shoes to wear, as I wasn't sure on heels or not, but I had decided on my favourite pair of boots with a wedged heel. They were difficult to lace up, but so worth it, with a leather brown and reaching just under my knees.

"Come on," Alex called my over and I jumped in the car, this time allowed to stay in the front as we were taking two cars this time.

"Has Shades got back yet?" Who was Shades?

"Not sure, probably. I know he's at least back in the country. He might be there tonight." Alex replied.

"Hell yeah!" Alex chuckled.

"Don't get too excited, mate. You know what he's like." Ryan scoffed.

"Damn right I know what he's like - always bringing the best drinks! And fuck, that guy knows how to drink!" My brother rolled his eyes and ignored his comment.

"Who's Shades?" Alex eyed me out of the corner of his eye.

"A friend." Ryan scoffed again, poking his head between the seats.

"You, him and Kaiden are literally three teenage girls together. You're all like oooh, we're besties! Fuck with one of us and you fuck with all of us!" I laughed as he retracted his head quickly before Alex's elbow made contact with his face.

"Aww, have you got a best friend now, big brother?" I pouted up at him teasingly, mocking him. He glared at me.

"No, we're just chill."

"No, you guys are -"

"Shut the fuck up, Ryan!" I laughed again and got out as the car pulled to a stop in front of a cute diner. We walked in and sat at a booth in the corner, where a group of guys and girls were already sitting.

"Hey, it's Alex! Where've you been, fucker?" Everyone turned to Alex, grinning and greeting him. He laughed, brightening up instantly.

"Hey, long time no see, Carl. Still kicking around with Beck?" The guy who called out to him blushed slightly.