20. Elsa

So a lot of people tend to like, spam the story with votes, or comments, and I just think it's one of the sweetest things to do, like it makes me so happy when I see that someone voted on my story, not once, not twice, but ten times.

Like fr.

I might cry.

So, I thought that from now on, I wanted to dedicate a few chapters to some of the people who really just made my day, whether that be through always voting, or their comments, so yeah!!

This chapters dedicated to @Killsmith for literally being one of the first people to vote on my story and always being one of the first voters on each chapter!! Your votes used to be the main thing that gave me motivation to write, and I just wanted to say thank you!! <3

Just as I was finishing my notes from the day, a knock came from the door.

"Come in," I called out, not really focusing on the noise. My music was still blasting in the background, and I was completely in my working mode. The music suddenly dipped in sound though, and I looked up, only to see Grey with a bowl in his hands, turning my speaker down until it was at a more reasonable sound.

"Blackbear?" I blushed and span around in my seat.

"The silence makes me nervous, and his music's busy..."

"You just don't seem the type," I wasn't usually, but after experimenting with a few different genres, I found that rap-styled music worked best for me, as it almost sounded as though someone was talking, which was easiest to block out.

"Here," He passed me the bowl, which turned out to have hot pesto pasta in it; one of my favourite study-day meals. I looked up again to see Grey sitting on the edge of my bed, staring at me. Not really knowing what to do, I put the bowl down ont he desk behind me, and turned to face him.

"Do you like me?" I blushed heavily at his question, surprised that he would ask me that outright, and after only a few days of knowing each other. Did I even like him though? My mind told me no, that school was far too important than to get tangled up with boys, but my racing heart and flushed cheeks told me that I didn't really have much choice in the matter.

"Maybe?" I replied quietly. He didn't say anything to me for a second, until I looked up and accidently made eye contact before quickly looking back down again.

"Let me take you out, and you can decide." He half asked, half stated. I shrugged and fiddled with the edge of my skirt, where a loose thread way pulling away. I'd have to fix that at some point.

"When are you free?" He asked, taking my shrug as a yes. I shrugged again, feeling the nerves blocking up my throat.

"Friday?" Slowly, I shook my head. I don't know why, but I knew that something would come up on the Friday.

"Thursday?" I had to think for a second, but nodded. Thursday sounded good enough for me.

"We can just go for something to eat, so don't worry about it too much, okay?"

"Okay," I muttered back. He nodded and got up to leave, closing the door quietly behind him. The second he was gone, I grinned, biting my lip to stop the excited squeal from escaping. Grey had really just asked me out? Was it considered a date? I hoped it was! I had made it so awkward though, hardly talking at all, but he had really asked me out on a date!

I shot up and turned my music onto it's loudest volume, blasting it out and starting to sing along, throwing open my wardrobe and stepping inside. I had to choose the perfect outfit, something cute, casual and something that made me look pretty for once.

My hands rapidly shifted through all of my clothing, but no matter how hard I thought, I couldn't seem to think of anything to wear, even passing off my favourite combinations as useless. I quickly grabbed my phone and called up one of my friends, Elsa, taking no care into checking what time it would be for her. She would probably be awake anyway, she always was.

"Hey babe! It's been a while!" She said as her face appeared on the screen. I looked behind her, to see the outline of someone else sleeping behind her in the background.

"Oh, that's Max, we met at a party a few hours ago." I nodded, noticing that she wasn't in her room anyway.

"Okay, I really need your help!"

"Sure, what am I doing?"

"You have to help me pick out an outfit! I have a date for thursday and-"

"Someone asked you out and you said yes?" I blushed, and nodded. Everyone always teased me for never going out with anyone, despite the numerous offers. To be fair though, they only offered after being blanked by my friends, and being second choice didn't really sit right with me, as self-centered as that was.

"Oh my God, I never thought I'd see the day! Who is it? Please tell me it's one of the fitties from your movie night sleepover!" I nodded. I had sneakily snuck a video of our movie night, somehow catching Greyson off guard when he wasn't looking at me.

"Who? Obviously not your brother, was it the one sat next to you?" I nodded again, biting my lip again.

"Oh my God, you're outfit will be perfect! You absolutely have to wear your cute little blue checkered skirt, with your white crop jumper, the one with a twist is the middle, and your white heeled trainers!" I blinked at her, shocked that she comehow managed to memorise my entire wardrobe.

"And make sure to accessorise! I know you can pull off silver, but I think gold would work better, and go cute and feminine. You rock that look best, and are you painting your nails?" I thought for a second. I had just painted them, but grey wouldn't be the best match with blue and white, althought the white on my nails matched?

"I think you should paint them with the sky blue nail varnish you have, with the white and silver glitter around the base of your nail, and do the ring fingers white!" I grinned, piecing the outfit together in my mind. Just like always, Elsa knew exactly what to wear and when.

"Look, I would love to stay and chat, but I have to wake Max up now, so you're going to have to call me up later. Make sure you tell me all about your date! Love you, babe!" She blew a kiss into the air and hung up, leaving me to my thoughts. I threw myself into my chair, and picked up a piece of pasta.

Thursday was going to be amazing.

QOTD: What's one of your biggest 'morals', or some kind of idea you find to be important?

MA: I seem to be great at not knowing how to word things lol...

I think one of mine is that 'change is the only constant in life' as during my life, I've faced a lot of change, from moving through countries, to the people surrounding me, and to the opinions I have about myself. I think it's quite comforting to know that it will change, and something will change, whether it be me or my circumstances. Sometimes, when I'm at one of my lowest points and I struggle to find joy in anything, I just try to remind myself that something has to change, to just hold on even for a few hours, and something will change, either for the better or for the worse.