17. Vanilla Chai

Lol when you say you're gonna update and you don't...

"Look, you guys are cute, but I swear to God Greyson, if you don't get your hands off my sister I will get seriously pissed off." Slowly, I peeled open my eyes, wincing slightly at the light before bringing up my fists to rub my eyes whilst yawning. Something moved from underneath me and I groaned slightly, pushing myself up and looking down, only find that I was pretty much laying on top of Greyson. My face instantly began to burn and I scrambled to get off, getting tangled up in the blanket that was on top of us and tumbling onto the floor with a thud. I groaned again, sitting up with the blanket over my head and glaring at the boys who apparently couldn't stop laughing. Even Greyson was smirking down at me. I pouted at my brother.

"You're always laughing at me, it's not fair." He laughed more at my comment and I rolled my eyes, tugging the blanket over me and falling backwards onto the carpet. I stared up at the ceiling for a second before yawning again and rubbing my eyes, whining when a foot nudged my side.

"Get up, gremlin. You can't lie there all day." My hands swatted at his legs and I scrunched up my face in annoyance.

"Don't call me that, you jerk!"

"Fine then, guess we're leaving without you then..." I opened one eye and peered up at Alex, now suspicious. In the past, when we lived at home, he would always try and get with up with these kind of tricks, and it wasn't until I was ready to go that he would tell me it was a joke.

"Wait, where are you going?" He shrugged and started tidying up the room, stacking the empty packets on the table and folding up the blankets.

"Well, we were going to breakfast, but it doesn't matter, cus you can't come anyway so..."

"Fine! I'm up! Let's go!" He grinned and bent down towards me. I thought he was going to give me a hand up, but instead, he ripped the blanket from underneath me, laughing when I went rolling across the floor.

"Alex! Ow!" He ignored me and started leaving the room. "Just for that, I'm going to take extra long to get ready!"

"You better not, or we'll leave without you!" I rolled me eyes in response and sat up, accidently sharing a glance with Greyson. Blushing, I stumbled out of the room, embarrassed that I had forgotten he was there.

I quickly picked out a cute off-white summer dress and, deciding to go basic, I matched it with a denim jacket and white trainers. Rushing down the stairs, I met Alex who was just waling inside, surprisingly ready and with my board in hand.

"Where are we going?" I asked, just as Kaiden and Grey arrived.

"Just some small cafe down the road. You can bring your board if you want."

"Are we walking?" He nodded back, slipping on his shoes. The second we were through the door, I put down my board and stepped on it, grabbing onto Alex's arm.

"Hell no, I am not pulling you the entire way! It's not happening!" I pouted slightly.

"Please? You know how slow I walk, I'll never be able to keep up!"

"You're on that goddamn board for a reason! Skate, and stop being lazy!" Someone laughed behind me, and Kaiden walked up and offered his arm.

"Here, I'll pull you along." I grinned victoriously, sticking my tongue out at Alex, who pulled a face back.

It was warm as we walked, but in a kind of sticky heat, and I knew that it was going to be boiling by lunch. I was glad I wore a dress to keep me cool, but I knew that I was going to hide inside all day. As much as I loved the heat, I couldn't bare getting too hot.

We arrived at the cafe quickly and sat down in a booth by the window. Picking up the menu, I grinned at all of the options that would satisfy my sweet tooth.

"You might have to visit Peyton, he still owes us." I looked over at my brother, who was playing with a napkin as he spoke. Owed them what?

"He's sly, he'll find a way out."

"Not if we trap him in. I really can't be bothered with him right now though - I'm trying to focus more on the cars." Kaiden snorted at this from beside me.

"You're just trying to beat Greyson." Greyson smirked as Alex scoffed and shoved him.

"Never gonna happen, Alex. I'm called the best for a reason."

"I'll get there one day, I mean, I'm brilliant at GTA so..."

"Hi, I'm Marie, can I take your order please?" A pretty waitress walked up to our table, cutting short the conversation as she pulled out a little notebook.

"We'll have two classic breakfasts with everything, the breakfast bagel and the French toast with maple syrup and strawberries, with three waters and a vanilla chai with toppings." Both me and the waitress blinked at Kaiden, who had so confidently ordered for the table. She turned a little red and scribbled it all down quickly, mumbling as she turned away.

"How did you know what everyone wanted?" He shrugged nonchalantly.

"Lucky guess."

"As if, we all know your super power for mind reading!" Alex cried out.

"He does this every time! Just guess our orders without us needing to tell him anything, and every single time it's something we like!"

"To be fair, you just like the biggest portion. You're not exactly difficult to guess..." Alex scowled at that and crossed his arms.

"Whatever." I sat and thought for a second and pouted slightly.

"What's up?"

"You didn't get me a drink," I mumbled.

"The vanilla chai's for you."

"But I've never had it before." I pointed out, confused.

"Try it." Just in time, Marie came and put down our drinks. Kaiden passed me my drink and I hesitantly picked it up and cautiously took a sip, grinning slightly when the flavour hit my tongue. It was sweet and warm, and I quickly took a bigger sip.

"Good?"

"Amazing."

QOTD: Favourite social media?

MA: Definitely either Pinterest or Instagram. Idk, there's just something about scrolling for hours, with there being literally no end. It would be Snapchat, but I get too bored waiting for replies, so I'm literally the worse person to message, cus I'll snap once every few hours, and just drop it, whereas on insta at least I can scroll whilst waiting.

Obviously Wattpad comes at a pretty close third though. Lord knows how much time I truly spend on this website, literally reading two 64 chapter books in a night.