28. Sam

So I can't decide whether I want to update again, or if I wanna practise art...

Gotta make up my mind though, so idk...

🙃🙃

Dedicated to @fwmelll and @greenteaobsession for being literally the fastest people to vote and comment I think I've ever seen like damn yall got skills!!

"Woah, this place sure is nice!" Jade whistled as she stepped through the door, kicking off her boots carelessly into the pile of shoes and throwing her bags to the side. We had spent the day shopping and although I hadn't bought much, both Jade and Sam bought extra clothes in my size, Sam insisting that she at least bought us all matching sleepwear.

Apparently for her, sleepwear included cute underwear and oversized sweatshirts.

Which, in itself, was cute, but in a house of boys?

Yeah, not so much.

"You've been here before," I reminded her slipping off my heels neatly beside hers and instantly shrinking noticably in height. This was why I always tried to get shorter friends - shorter friends made me look taller.

"Well we were kind of in a rush last time, and I didn't really get a chance to look around,"

"Move the fuck out of my way, bitch! I want some fucking food!" Sam cried, carelessly throwing her bags across the floor and shoving Jade roughly out of the way and practically sprinting towards the kitchen. It turns out that Jade and Sam were actually really good friends, and the only reason I hadn't met Jade at the bonfire was because she had been out of town that day, and I hadn't seen her around my brother as him, Kaiden and Greyson had a tendency to isolate themselves away from everyone else unless absolutely needed.

We followed Sam through to the kitchen where she already had a bag of crisps, the red twisted sweets and was opening a litre bottle of Coke.

"Greedy pig," Jade called out, jumping onto the counter and watching as her friend pretty much ramsacked the cupboards.

"Shut it, you bitch. I deserve it after Ryan, the fucking idiot," Jade snorted and held open her hand, catching the can of beer Sam chucked her. I looked between them until Jade caught my stare and smirked over at Sam, who was now also sat on top of the counter.

"Sam, if we're gonna be a three, she's gotta know," Sam sighed dramatically, then gave me a sly look.

"There comes a point in every girl's life when she realises whether or not she is up to dealing with silly boys' bullshit, or whether she lives a true life of freedom and adventure," I looked at her, my confusion only growing. What did that have to do with Ryan?

"Meaning, Love, I am gay, and it is all because of your good friend Ryan that the male population will never be able to enjoy the delight which is me," She exclaimed, motioning to her body with a flourish. I looked over at Jade, who was rolling her eyes at the dramatics.

"She fucked Ryan and hated it, now blames him for her sexuality," I looked back at Sam who was still grinning wildly.

"Ew! Why Ryan?" I shuddered. Both Jade and Sam laughed at the instant judgement. "What did he do that was so bad though?" I asked. Talking to Sam and Jade felt like I was talking to one of my friends at home: brutally honest and eager to share way to much detail.

"I came to realise that a lot of boys are all bark and no bite, whereas girls? They're always down for a good time. I could show you what I mean, if you'd like?" She winked then leant back and laughed.

"Stop messing with her, Sam! And quit it with the fucking drama already! You knew you liked girls from day dot, stop being a fucking idiot about it," Jade snapped, although I could see her fighting a grin off of her face.

"Anyways, let's do something, we still good to stay over?" She asked me. I shrugged.

"Sure, Alex won't mind I'm sure," He might be a little surprised, but he did technically say I could have friends over. The boys did it all the time, so it wasn't that big of a deal.

"Sweet, let's get drinking!" Sam squealed, jumping off the cabinet and opening a cupboard to reveal bottles of alcohol which I didn't realise we had. Jade jumped up and hurried over with a gleam in her eye, leaving me stood by the door.

"Wait, I don't think we're supposed to touch that..." I said nervously.

"It's fine, we can always replace it later! If not, Jade won't mind... talking to them!" Sam let out a peal of laughter as Jade almost knocked her over.

"Shut the fuck up, you absolute bitch! Hey, Love, don't you guys have like a TV or something?"

"Yeah, but what if the guys come home early?" She shrugged.

"Who gives a shit. Let's get wasted and watch a horror movie," She grinned victoriously at a bottle, practically ripping the lid of and taking a generous sip before wincing and scrunching her face up.

"Sam, try this," Sam snatched the bottle off and took three long gulps before pulling a face.

"Yup, we're taking that with us!" She giggled. She turned and offered out the bottle to me, tilting her head slightly when I shook my head in response.

"Um... no thank you, I'll just get a soft drink..." Jade gave me strange look.

"Come on, Love, we can make you something sweet to start with if you want? We're literally raiding your boyfriend's drinks - he's not going to get mad," I shook my head slightly before pausing.

"Hey! How'd you find that out?" She shrugged and took another drink as Sam raised her hand sheepishly.

"I might've been texting Ryan last night and he might've mentioned it..."

"More like sexting..." Jade mumbled, reaching down and grabbing another two bottles. Sam shrugged and grabbed a bottle.

"You'll like this one, Love, it's pink! Might not be if we mix it, but it's whatever," I shook my head again.

"I don't drink..." They froze before they straightened up and looked at each other, then turning to me, both with smirks on their faces.

Uh oh.

That can't be good.

QOTD: What's like a really random secret you have? Like, something that doesn't really need to be a secret but kinda is??

MA: I absolutely HATE ketchup. As in, won't touch it. I don't like it, don't want it, even the smell of it can make me gag. It's not a secret I try and keep or anything, but in my old school, a friend I've known for like, years, was completely baffled and shocked. It's not like it comes up in conversation or anything, but sometimes I'll eat out with people, or when I used to go to the school canteen, and everyone just kind of assumed I like it?? Like just me?? Like, it wouldn't be weird if it was like, offered to the group or anything, but like, friends have literally bought ketchup packets and been like, here I know you won't eat fries without it and I'm like?? What??

Maybe I gave off ketchup vibes or something??

So yeah. There's that I guess lol.