31. Morning Conversations

Sike!

Here's another update!

It really is the last one though, as I'm starting to get a headache from typing for so long...

I hope you enjoy!!!

It's crazy that some stories I've read have been shorter than this...

Damn.

Would love to hear any theories about this part...

You'll know what I mean in a second...

Dedicated to @1FrenchToast1 - thank you for actually inspiring me to write and post this!! Lotta love for you <3

I let out a small groan as I sat up, holding my head. Slowly, I forced my eyes open and blinked lazily at Jade and Sam who were laying across my bed, empty wrappers strewn over them, me, the bed and the floor. They were still asleep but my head hurt and my throat was sore and I knew that the bottle of clear liquid wasn't water, so I carefully slipped off the bed and crept out of the room, closing the door but leaving a small gap so I could creep in without waking them up.

The whole house seemed to be asleep, with silence hanging heavily in the hallways and only peeps of light peeking through the curtains. It was quite beautiful but slightly eerie with the amount of noise that usually filled the building during the day. Awkwardly I bought my leg up and tried to yank my sock up as I kept walking then did the same to the other one, feeling a cool chill against my legs.

As I got closer to the kitchen, I started hearing low voices, until as I stood by the doorway, I could hear Greyson, Alex and Kaiden quietly murmuring about something.

"I did say that it was risky, and you ignored me, as usual," Kaiden murmured, his annoyance clear even in his low tone. He never seemed to get annoyed, just sat back and watched with a relaxed facad, but in that tone, I got the feeling that if it was anyone else, they would've screamed those words.

"I thought I could pull it off, I mean, I've never failed yet, have I?" Alex cut back.

"But you've been close before," Kaiden replied quickly.

"It doesn't matter now, we just need to find a way to deal with the issue quickly, before it gets to Love," They were talking about me, and from their tones, I knew it wasn't good. What were they talking about? And why were they all up so early?

"I never meant to put her in danger, I thought I could do it, I thought that if we did it now, it would stop any stupid mistakes in the future," Alex said, sounding as though he was on the verge of tears. I wanted to burst in and give him a hug, but I knew that this wasn't a conversation for my ears and there would most definitely be trouble if they knew I overheard.

"Either way, it's done now. Again, we need to fix it. I say we call in Marcus and have him deal with it," Greyson tried again to move the conversation forwards.

"Sure, let's tell one of his closest friends to deal with it, I bet that will never come back to bite us..." Kaiden muttered. If even Kaiden was angry about it, it had to be a bigger issue than I thought it was, and it obviously involved all three of them. They stayed silent for another second and as much as I wanted to see what else they were going to say, my throat was dry to the point where it was difficult to swallow. Soundlessly, I moved into the kitchen, widening my eyes slightly when I turned my head over to the table where they were sat, trying to look surprised.

"Why are you guys up so early?" Greyson moved over to me and wrapped his arms around me, trying to hide the looks the guys were sharing between them. I yawned and rubbed my eyes, resting my head against Greyson for a second, playing up the innocent act. He rubbed my back slightly then let me go as I pushed him off gently and went to grab a glass.

"I think the question is why you're up so early, Little Love. I'm pretty sure you should be sleeping right now, especially after all you've drunk," I blushed as Alex teased me. Greyson had probably told him, but I was surprised he wasn't mad, especially as it technically wasn't legal for me to drink in both England and America. The tension slipped away when I realised that they didn't think I overheard anything. To be fair, I hadn't heard much, only that Alex had messed something up, and I was possibly in danger.

"My head hurts..." I mumbled, turning to fill up the glass and taking a long slip. I looked over at Greyson with tired eyes, seeing he was still stood up, leaning against the counter. He looked back at me pointedly. I looked down at my glass, swirling the water around slightly.

"I'm sorry we took your drinks... And your snacks... I can pay you back..." He sighed and shook his head.

"Don't worry about it, you took the ones I don't drink any way." I nodded sleepily and started padding out of the kitchen.

"Bye bye," I said, passing Greyson. Kaiden and Alex both called out some stupid taunt about me drinking too much, but I ignored them, making my way up the stairs and back into the room, falling into the bed where Jade and Sam were still asleep. Pulling out my phone, I decided to try and go through the recent group chat messages that I had missed. Everyone was always on the group chat as we were such a large group and I used to live on a big campus, where it was easy to loose someone. There was nothing interesting on there, other than Elsa bringing up Greyson, so I leant back and was about to turn off my phone when a message came through.

My Love, I've missed you.

QOTD: What's something you want to get better at?

MA: Right now, music. It's really fustrating becuase honestly, I've never been bottom of the class before, despite putting in literally no effort, but I'm now one of the least experienced people in my class taking music GCSE and it's really difficult dealing with that. Idk, it just kinda sucks more than a little, but I know that if I actually revise then I'll improve, but like, ya know...

I could also use that time to write more, so...

It's whatever though, I've just got to pay more attention in class maybe and probably need to actually revise but again,

writing.

🤷🤷